Community Reach Center, a top-tier mental health provider in the northern Denver area, and the designated mental health provider for anyone eligible for Medicaid in Adams County, Colorado.
We are seeking a Full Time Therapist for our Northglenn Office. Under direct supervision, provides behavioral health consultations, clinical and support services to consumers and/or their families using evidence based practice models.
Duties and Responsibilities:
. Work experience requirements:
- Provides effective treatment planning and assistance to clients in coordinating care with primary care providers.
- Maintains confidentiality of consumer records.
- Evaluates crisis situations and implements appropriate interventions.
- Actively participates in meetings that support an integrated health care model.
- Provides on-site assessment, consultation and brief intervention for psychological and psychiatric problems and disorders in a manner that promotes safety, comfort and the therapeutic environment.
- Teaches patients, families and staff the care, prevention and treatment techniques of psychiatric disorders.
- Assists the primary care team in developing and implementing care management processes, such as the use of guidelines, disease management techniques, case management and patient education.
- Monitors the site’s behavioral health program; identifies problems related to patient services and make recommendations for improvement
- Documents intervention and program activity according to Community Reach Center policies and procedures.
- Attends and participates in group sessions, in-service education and training opportunities, meetings and special events.
- May act as a liaison for consumers, families of consumers, or external facilities and agencies.
- Ensures referrals to Community Reach Center programs for ongoing services.
- Participates in the review of clinical issues and program policies and procedures.
- Maintains accurate and timely clinical records consistent with Center standards.
- Consults with other therapists and related professional and paraprofessional staff, as appropriate, in the performance of therapy and/or casework; refers clients to appropriate service agencies as required.
- Promotes cooperative working relationships and positive team atmosphere.
- Serves as a representative/role model of the programs as well as Community Reach Center with program consultants, consumers, families and the community as required. Projects a positive image to other agencies and general public.
- Participates in and utilizes opportunities that provide professional growth through attendance at center in-services and other conferences and by conducting consultation and education functions as indicated.
- Interfaces with teachers and service providers in the educational services, social services, and juvenile justice systems.
- Completes all quarterly/annual productivity standards as outlined.
- Assists in pinpointing program and management problems and participates in problem resolution.
- Participates in on-going program development, implementation and evaluation.
Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualification would be equivalent to:
Minimum of two years direct clinical experience.
Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Sociology or directly related field.
- Communication, organization, time management, and clinical skills. Knowledge and understanding of clinical social work and mental health counseling principles, methods, procedures, and standards. Familiarity with DSM IV and diagnostic techniques. Excellent working knowledge of behavioral medicine and evidence-based treatments for mental health conditions in a primary care setting. Ability to work through brief patient contacts and to make quick, accurate clinical assessments of mental health and behavioral conditions.
Professional Counseling Licensure: LPC, LMFT, LCSW, LP.
Community Reach Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Community Reach Center - 15 months ago