POSITION TITLE: Third Key Sales Associate
1. CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB:
Under the general direction of the Store Manager, the Third Key Sales Associate performs responsibilities to maximize sales and training opportunities in the most cost effective manner.
2. PROVIDES SUPERVISION TO:
The Store Staff in case of the Managers', and/or the Assistant Managers' absence.
(Note: Not authorized to provide Disciplinary Action).
3. RESPONSIBILITIES - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Set a positive example by providing professional customer service.
• Maintain Inventory Quality Standards. May assist in production area: receive, inspect, grade, sort, tag, and price donations. Maintain an adequate stock of supplies and new goods, as directed by the Store Manager.
• Operate the cash register according to Cash Handling Procedures, including proper handling of Voids, Refunds, Gift Certificates, and Vouchers.
• Maintain the merchandise displays. Utilize all marketing tools per established Procedures.
• Maintain the facility and grounds in neat and clean condition at all times, and according to Safety Standards. Promptly report any needed repairs, and/or replacements to the Store Manager, and take action as directed.
• Be alert to and follow Loss Prevention and Security Procedures at all times. Report current or potential problems to the Store Manager.
• Perform opening, closing, and banking procedures as directed by the Store Manager.
• Assist with training and/or supervising Employees, Consumers, and Volunteers in proper Work Habits, Job Responsibilities, and Policies/Procedures as assigned by the Store Manager.
• Respond to on-call emergencies such as break-ins, fires, earthquakes, floods, etc.
• Provide Management coverage in the store, as needed.
• Attend meetings and seminars as requested.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Store Manager.
• Minimum of one-year experience in Retail Sales, or prior Supervisory experience.
• Able to organize and work independently.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Able to respond positively to the public and represent Goodwill in a professional manner at all times.
• Able to positively influence, and motivate Store Staff.
• Willingness to learn and execute good Merchandising Techniques.
• Must have access to transportation.
• Must have a valid California Drivers License, a clean DMV Report, and California Auto Insurance.
• Must have access to a phone in order to receive emergency and coverage calls.
5. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
You will experience a clean retail environment, with cement floors, overhead lighting, temperate climate, and low-level noise and dust. You will have interactions with the general public.
6. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
You will be standing, with continuous bending, stooping, stretching, walking, and simple grasping. You must have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Vehicle travel is required, as well as speech and visual capabilities.
7. IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR:
Goodwill - Redwood Empire - 15 months ago