Job Title: Title IX Coordinator - Human Resources
Job ID: 32363
Business Unit: HRSRV
Full/Part Time: Full-Time (40 hours)
Bachelor's degree and six years related experience.
Designated agent of the University with primary responsibility for coordinating the University's Title IX compliance efforts. The Title IX Coordinator's responsibilities are critical to the development, implementation, and monitoring of meaningful efforts to comply with Title IX legislation, regulation, and case law. The Title IX Coordinator oversees monitoring of University policy in relation to Title IX law developments; implementation of grievance procedures, including notification, investigation and disposition of complaints; provision of educational materials and training for the campus community; conducting and/or coordinating investigations of complaints received pursuant to Title IX; ensuring a fair and neutral process for all parties; and monitoring all other aspects of the University's Title IX compliance.
From $70,240 to $79,020 annually
This position is a Band Code: CS23
Specific Job Related Duties
- Receives and processes, in a timely manner, inquiries from students, faculty, staff, and administrators regarding rights and responsibilities concerning harassing behavior or other discriminatory behavior in violation of Title IX.
- Conducts investigations of alleged discrimination and/or harassment and issues findings of fact and recommendations for disposition of complaints.
- Coordinates and monitors Title IX efforts of other delegates and University offices that receive and/or investigate complaints, including but not limited to Human Resources, Student Judiciaries, University Police Department, and University Ombudsman.
- Prepares reports on Title IX compliance activities and makes recommendations for action by appropriate decision makers.
- Remains knowledgeable of current state and federal law and regulations and trends in the field of education related to harassment and other discriminatory practices that violate Title IX.
- Provides ongoing consultation regarding Title IX requirements, grievance issues, and compliance programs to the President, Executive Vice-Presidents and Provost.
- Takes specific and continuing steps to notify all students, parents, and employees of the name, title, office address, and telephone number of the Title IX Coordinator.
- Prepares and disseminates educational materials, including brochures, posters, and web-based materials that inform members of the campus community of Title IX rights and responsibilities.
- Evaluates the University's gender equity policies and practices and their effect on gender discrimination and advises leadership of necessary action to eliminate gender discrimination in all educational programs, curricular and extra-curricular activities, and employment practices that come under federal and state regulation.
- Assumes responsibility to be informed of changes and developments in the provisions of the federal and state regulations and related legislation by attending professional meetings and reading appropriate publications.
- Provides consultation and information regarding Title IX requirements to potential complainants.
- Assists in the development of internal procedures to ensure that all appraisal and counseling materials do not discriminate on the basis of gender.
- Prepares annual statistical reports for the campus community on the incidence of sexual harassment.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Strong knowledge of Title XI compliance.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a high degree of professionalism in dealing with staff at all levels of the institution.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop, prioritize, and accomplish goals.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate data and make appropriate decisions/ recommendations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution which proudly values diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The University of Texas Medical Branch - 18 months ago