Responsible for all tasks pertaining to the reading, examination, and interpretations required for property title searches, ranging in various levels of complexity, to determine the status of title, and recognize any exceptions, objections and encumbrances.
A minimum of 5 years of experience in reading titles in the Upstate NY/Albany area is required.
- Complete review of title, tax and survey information and any other applicable documentation for accuracy, completeness, and determine the property title's legal condition in a timely and thorough manner.
- Ensure that company/industry standards are met.
- Verify ownership and encumbrances of real property.
- Resolve any issues such as missing, incomplete, inaccurate or contradictory information contained in the title documentation.
- Prepare final write-up to issue a title report that guarantees the title's legality.
Travel: < 15%
- High level of organization and planning.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Candidate must possess research/investigative skills and understand legal terms.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Softpro and the ability to learn other software.
- Associates degree preferred.
- Proficient typing and web navigation skills.
- Ability to operate various types of office equipment. (scanner, printer, fax)
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Full Time - 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. (1 hour lunch)
Competitive compensation based on experience.
Health insurance offered.
If you meet the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this position please send your resume along with a cover letter to:
Fax: (518) 782-7120 - Attn: Human Resources
Latham NY area mortgage broker with 20 years of experience.