Job Opening: Toll Operations Unwind / Winder Operator II
Positions Available: Two (2)
There are two positions currently open in Toll Operations at Carestream Health Oregon. The positions will report into the Coating area with the expectation of cross training into the multiple Toll functions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities Include:
1. Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
2. Understand information contained in the chemical MSDS and how to locate it.
3. Complete all required training.
4. Manage hazardous waste and satellite accumulation locations/containers following plant Standard Operating Procedures during non-emergencies and EHS contingency plan procedures during emergencies. Complete assigned training to comply with state and federal regulations.
5. Understanding of PPE and the proper use of PPE
6. Up to date certification for respirator use (fit test and medical evaluation)
7. Follow all work instruction including standard and change documentation.
8. Complete end product testing per standards.
9. Investigate defects and assist in determining root cause.
10. Escalate out of specification or reject data immediately.
11. Complete all required training.
12. Cross train across all of Toll. Including Coating, Slitting, Mixing, Changeover, QC, and Pilot operations
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
1. Professional and effective communication skills within crew, other departments, and customer interface.
2. Ability to read and follow written instructions for standard processes, change documents and experimental trials.
3. Working PC knowledge for standard and custom software.
4. Ability to pass requirements of industrial truck licensing.
5. Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication and percentages
6. Able to organize work and effectively manage use of time.
7. Self starter and self motivated
8. Detail oriented
9. Lean Manufacturing principles
Responsibilities for CA Coating Operations:
1. All Essential Skills and Knowledge
2. Safely operate a coating machine line which includes unwind, coating station, drying oven and winder sections
3. Understands machine capability and capacity; idler types, thread up configuration and operational cycles.
4. Web Conveyance understanding for lining out and steering product through machine.
5. Trouble shoot machine, SDS, and operator interface problems.
6. Change coating equipment as required for varying products and coating methods.
7. Complete end product testing per standards.
8. Investigate defects and assist in determining root cause.
9. Able to assemble and operate a SDS system on the coating line.
10. Understand the function of the main components of a solution delivery system.
a. Pump type and size
c. Line sizing
d. Flow meters
11. Change coating equipment as required for varying products and coating methods.
12. Disassemble, clean, and reassemble various pumps, valves, filter housings, and mixers.
Carestream Health is a dynamic global company with over 100 years of leadership in radiology and healthcare IT. We are passionately committed to helping our customers do their jobs better, faster and more cost effectively. By applying our insights and experience, we create inventive, elegant solutions that offer a smarter way forward.
Headquartered in Rochester, NY, Carestream has over 7000 employees operating in 150 countries. Our customers range from large enterprises to small private practices, including: large health systems, hospitals, imaging centers, medical groups and dental practices. In addition to our innovative radiology products, Carestream also sells solutions for information management, non-destructive testing, molecular imaging, thin-film coating & nano materials.
Carestream Health gets the picture. The company develops and sells imaging products to help dentists, doctors, and scientists take, process,...