Tolls/Transportion Project Manager
Engineers - Transportation
Construction Management, Engineering, Roads, Transportation
Full Time - Shift
Atkins has been providing engineering services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. In 2012, ENR rated Atkins as one of the top three firms in the country. Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
As a result of continued growth, Atkins seeks an energetic, enthusiastic, self-starting Tolls Project Manager to join our team in Austin, TX. The successful candidate will become an integral part of a dynamic team responsible for various program management activities associated with major toll/transportation agency clients throughout Texas. Under direction, applies technical expertise and project management experience to manage project teams on conventional and unconventional projects. This person will also perform basic project functions of production coordination, planning, organizing, directing, controlling, financial management and marketing assistance. S/he will function as a mentor to associate project managers and technical professionals to assist in their technical training and development.
Typical duties and responsibilities include:
- Coordinates and participates in contract negotiations with clients and subcontractors, and drafts complex professional service aggrements and addenda for review by senior management.
- Directs project team and client compliance with contract terms and monitors subcontractors’ compliance with contactural commitments.
- Prepares project work plan, scope, schedule and budget, and communicates these to project team members; monitors/manages project productions for compliance with schedule, budget and quality objectives.
- Monitors reports and schedules to ensure appropriate charging of manhours, costs and expenses to projects, and to communicate project progress/status to senior management.
- Establishes and maintains project account files on the computerized project management information system, and periodically reviews project reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Monitors client billings, assists in obtaining payment from clients, and resolves client disputes, adjusting project billing records as required.
- Monitors subconsultants’ progress and performance, reviews and approves subconsultant and vendor invoices, and resolves payment and project disputes.
- Schedules and coordinates project meetings with the project team, regulatory agencies, the client, and others involved with the projects.
- Reports financial status of projects to technical managers.
- Identifies new business opportunities for the firm, coordinates and participates in project presentations to clients and other external groups, and promotes firm’s capabilities, marketing its services among existing and prospective clients.
- Participates in project opportunity evaluation, consultant selection, and the preparation of firm’s qualification/experience statements.
- May supervise technical professionals, associate project managers and design staff including workload and staffing management.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
Appropriately Qualified Candidates will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in field of practice. Graduate degree desirable. Management coursework and/or MBA a plus.
- At least 8 years of experience in project production and technical professional activities associated with /transportation/roadway construction projects, two of these working as a Sr. Technical Professional or Associate Project Manager.
- Tolls Implementation/Management project experience highly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills; good public speaking ability; strong project financial management skills; knowledge of production support systems and personal computer proficiency.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Faithful+Gould - 12 months ago