Independently read and interpret blueprints, planning sheets, sketches, and related technical data to determine tooling requirements, setup procedures, control settings, and machining methods and sequences.
2.0ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Verify fixture setup meets acceptable quality standards regarding milling and boring sizes, depths, angles, or other specifications.
- Install, align, and secure tooling, attachments, and part on machine.
- Assemble cutting tools in toolholders and position toolholders in machine magazines.
- Load control media, such as tape, card, or disk, in machine controller or enter commands to retrieve preprogrammed instructions from database.
- Perform dimensional inspection of various products using measuring instruments such as calipers gauge blocks, micrometers and dial indicators.
- Calculate and set machine controls to position spindle in relationship to part and to regulate factors such as cutting depth, speed, feed, and coolant flow.
- Operate machine and monitor displays and machine operation to detect malfunctions.
- Stop machine to change cutting tools and setup according to required machining sequence or to measure parts for conformance to blueprint specifications.
- Enter commands or manually adjust machine controls to correct malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining.
- Operate machine manually to perform non-automated functions.
- Discuss control media errors with supervisor or programming personnel to resolve problems.
- Clean machine, tooling, and parts and perform equipment PM as assigned.
- Perform other such duties as may be required.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources;
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals;
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with subordinates and management at all levels;
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of third parties;
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or equivalent; or at least three (3) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to stand and frequently required to talk or hear. They are occasion-ally required to walk, sit, and use their hands and arms. They must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Hearing protection may be recommended and/or required in some areas.
S2 - Mitsubishi Power Systems - 14 months ago