Tools Engineer - Vicarious Visions - (Temporary)
Vicarious Visions is searching for an
Associate Software Engineer Tools who will contribute to the creation, improvement, maintenance, usability and support of an extensive set of internal software applications used by designers, artists and software engineers to create our games. The tools are used for tasks such as world building, entity placement, visual effects generation, UI generation and data validation. This position requires strong self-initiative, excellent collaboration skills and the ability to come up to speed quickly. This is an entry level, temporary position lasting 8-12 months depending on need.
Vicarious Visions (www.vvisions.com) has gained critical acclaim with hit games such as Skylanders Swap Force, Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure
, Guitar Hero
, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
. Our games repeatedly push technical boundaries to deliver addictive, immersive gameplay and art that brings favorite characters and worlds to life. We are also home to the pioneering Alchemy
middleware technology and tools that are used to power hit titles across Activision.
• Implement and debug software in C#, C++ and other languages.
• Participate in design and code reviews.
• Collaborate effectively with other disciplines including art, design and audio.
• Follow group standards and best practices.
• Work under the direction of senior engineers and seek guidance when working in new areas.
• Participate in a multi-discipline development team using the Scrum process.
• Document completed designs, tools, and code.
• Recently completed Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Game Development or related field.
• Experience developing software applications or games for personal or class projects.
• Strong aptitude in C#. WPF is a plus.
• Strong aptitude in math and analytical thinking.
• Positive attitude and ability to work on a multi-discipline team.
• Strong desire to learn and understand the technologies involved in game creation.
• A passion for developing high quality games.
Applicants must complete a short technical test and a technical interview.
Come work with us on our exciting new titles!
We offer a modern work environment, an outstanding compensation and benefits package, a fun team environment, impressively affordable living, and an exceptional quality of life. Please apply at
United States-New York-Albany