Tools Support Engineer
This position will support our 3rd party call center staff and Customer Support Coordinators to resolve technical issues that require the development of special tooling or input from our Studios.
This position will be work directly with our Studios prior to and immediately following the launch of our major titles to develop tools that address the technical challenges associated with our top problems. It is accountable for building solutions that mitigate the top issues impacting CS and helping get resolutions identified and sent to our Support staff globally.
The role will take direction from the Customer Support team in order to prioritize what issues are being worked on and ultimately resolved. They will act as a voice for Support in the Studio and will help build long term relationships.
The candidate will utilize several technologies in the development of our tools including: C#, WPF, SQL Server. The Tools Engineer will work cross functionally to design, iterate, and execute on a variety of tools & pipelines.
Qualified candidates need to be self-starters, able to operate in a highly dynamic environment, and have concise execution during times of high stress.
• Develop solutions to address top customer issues from the Customer Support Department
• Digest customer care listening posts (self-help, social, chat, email, phone) and Studio insights
• Build tooling which help to resolve the top issues for CS
• Maintenance and support of existing and new and infrastructure as needed.
• Partner across CS to improve our escalation workflow to ensure that the proper Support staff are involved and customers are getting resolution in a timely manner
• Assist with short and long term projects to develop tooling fixes based off data analysis
• Advocate customer and CS concerns to Studio Project Leads
• Experience building tools and scripts that automate the resolution of customer issues.
• Technical experience with scripting platforms and programming languages
• Ability to understand current workflow, and recommend improvements.
• Ability to effectively interact with Studio and CS Staff
Qualifications/Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 1-3 year experience in coding C/C++/C#
• 1-3 year experience in Scripting languages such as VB, Python, WPF, SQL and Perl
• 1+ years experience in tools development or quality assurance role
• Experience in identifying customer requirements to technical/engineering organizations.
United States-California-Santa Monica
Activision - 30+ days ago