Track Testing Operations Manager – L1
Reports to: TTS Director of Operations Department: Track Testing
Revision Level: Division: RMSS
The Track Testing Operations Manager will be responsible for the overall performance and maintenance of assigned TrackSTAR vehicles. The candidate must be able to interface with railroad customers and assigned staff. Must be able to manage overall safety of employees and fleet, supervise, train, develop, motivate employees and support team through effective troubleshooting of problems from a distance. Extensive travel is required. Employee will also comply with all ISO17025 policies and guidelines.
- Responsible for promoting and maintaining safe work environment for crew, fleet, customers and general public
- Participate and lead in Health & Safety programs and the promotion of safe work environment, including participation in H&S Team.
- Ensure compliance for DOT, Railroad Safety certification as required
- Respond to safety emergencies in a timely / prompt manner
- Human Resources
- Develop of personal – recruitment, teaching, training, coaching, promoting to next level
- Responsible for staff scheduling to meet customer requirements / employee vacation
- Interview and counsel poor performing employees and assess discipline when needed
- Develop employees to achieve standardized operating practices across the fleet
- Perform site visits – safety checks, developing employees, standardized procedures, equipment maintenance, housekeeping procedures, quality procedures all followed
- Complete annual performance appraisals /other required HR compliance
- Help organize, lead, instruct in annual training program
- Customer Service
- Deliver a high level of customer service; meet service commitments and expectations.
- Communicate with customers on timely basis to promote business, plan work, solve problems in proactive manner
- Facilitate job start-ups as required
- Understand customer requirements and industry standards to meet customer expectations
- Develop and maintain Customer Specification Documents & thresholds (CSD’s)
- Work closely with and support Sales department as needed
- Ensure equipment is maintained at a high level. Knowledge of trucks, heavy equipment and TTS equipment preferred.
- Develop, improve, and standardize equipment, maintenance practices & troubleshooting procedures. Create maintenance work instructions
- Liaison with vendors, engineering functions to implement new technologies, procedures, applications and improvements to services and products.
- Develop plans / budgets for annual overhauls/upgrades to equipment
- Promote and ensure that quality procedures and practices are followed as per ISO17025
- Develop and review/update divisional Operating Procedures and Work Instructions
- Review and process NCR’s/OFI’s in expedient manner.
- Participate in internal/external audits
- Financial Management
- Understand, review and communicate to staff Divisional Goals and Objectives
- Monitor monthly financial reports and address performance issues with crews in proactive manner for improved performance & meeting Goals & Objectives.
- Ensure crew paperwork and reporting done on a proactive basis and support office administrator when required
- Assist in management of inventory control, field shop, equipment pool budget management
- Participate develop and implement strategic plans
- Able to walk on uneven ground
- Able to lift up to 75 pounds is regularly
- Able to work in confined spaces under and around equipment
- Able to work varying shifts
- Ability to climb a steep ladder frequently
- Exposure on a regular basis to outdoor weather conditions.
- Exposure to grease and dirt conditions
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions
- Exposure to railroad operating conditions (PPE Required)
Wage Type: Salary
- High School Graduate or GED
- Detail oriented and have strong mechanical abilities
- Knowledge of mobile fleet maintenance practices
- Ability to read electrical / hydraulic schematics
- General knowledge of railroad operations / standards / practices related to Track Testing
- Strong computer skills
- CDL Class B drivers license
- Willingness to travel 75%
- Strong supervisory and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
Holland LP - 19 months ago