Job Id: 174938
Nearest Major Market: CA - San Francisco
Delivery Drivers are key members of our team. The driver is responsible for preparing, loading/unloading and delivering merchandise to customers. The driver is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle and may also be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- At least 18 years old
- Ability to drive well; good driving record
- Possess a valid driver's license with no DWI conviction in the past 4 years
- Have no more than 1 moving violation and/or at fault accident in the last 3 years
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Reliable, organized, detailed and focused
- Ability to multitask and manage time well
- Ability to move up to 100 lb and lift up to 50 lb
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous driving experience preferred
- Ensure timely deliveries to customers
- Maintain an accurate detailed delivery log
- Assist warehouse employees in preparing items for delivery, including packing products and sorting delivery items by route
- May assist with restocking shelves
- Ensure customer service requirements are met
- May be required to earn safety certifications for specific customers
- Cleaning and maintenance functions of delivery vehicle
- Adhere to all safety rules
- Proper handling and filing of customer picking tickets, driver load sheets, bills of lading and other associated paperwork
- Provide courteous, efficient and professional service in dealing with customers
The Heavy Vehicle Parts Group (a subsidiary of Genuine Parts Company) serves the heavy duty commercial vehicle aftermarket in the U.S. through its TW Distribution Center and their Traction stores. They supply quality replacement parts for the repair and maintenance of heavy duty trucks and trailers. HVPG is tailored to the specific needs of their marketplace as great care is taken to provide the products wanted by their customers.
Customers have access to over 520,000 parts from leading industry name brand suppliers, as well as quality private label products. Customers include fleets, independent fleet operators, major repair facilities, trailer OEM's and others in the heavy duty parts distribution and repair channel. HVPG's focus is on the needs of their customers by investing in inventory, equipment, and empowering its employees to provide exemplary service.
Heavy Vehicle Parts Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Genuine Parts Company - 12 months ago