This position has primary responsibility for monitoring and support of trading system applications and exchanges including issue resolution, tracking and status reporting. Position will solve complex problems that require both technical and business understanding. The candidate will work with traders, back-office, exchanges, and developers to investigate and solve system issues and participate in business analysis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Monitor trading systems and exchange/venues
* Research latent orders and liaise with trading exchanges and venues
* Reconcile trades and position breaks
* Identify, troubleshoot and respond to emergency situations impacting traders and/or exchanges
* Support straight through processing (STP) from the front to backend.
* Collaborate with Risk Management and Technical Services for production support
* Interact directly with traders to troubleshoot problems
* Participate in application release deployments
* Participate in change control procedures for rollout from development to production
* Cooperate with System Administrators to assist with forecasting system utilization
* Demonstrated audit, problem solving and analytical skills
* Knowledge of TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting
* Familiar with trading process including back office systems, front-end clearing systems and order entry systems
* Superior Microsoft Access, Excel, and word knowledge
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience
* Experience working with order entry systems and policies and procedures of various exchanges.
* Previous experience with TCP/IP networking in a Linux or Unix environment
* Minimum 2-3 years experience administering proprietary applications in a Linux / Windows environment
* Experience supporting proprietary developed applications
* Previous scripting experience with Python
* Minimum of 2-3 years of IT or application support experience working in financial services or electronic trading environment.
Vivid Technologies - 24 months ago