This position is in the Division of Streets and Roads, for which duties include, but are not limited to:
* Operates power saws, drills, pumps, air compressors, air chisel, sander, spray painter and other equipment
* Operates lathe, drill press, welding machines and cutting torches as required in the repair of malfunctioning equipment
* May operate a dump truck, bucket truck, salt spreaders with snow plows for winter maintenance, and a variety of equipment as assigned
* Constructs forms; mixes, pours and finishes concrete/asphalt in the construction of storm sewer inlets, headwalls, sidewalks, wheelchair ramps, flumes, pads and other concrete/asphalt construction
* Rebuilds and maintains existing infrastructure to include catch basins, manholes, headwalls and other concrete/asphalt construction
* Performs welding, brazing, and metal fabrication work
* Estimates cost of supplies and materials required for job; obtains or purchases needed materials
* Processes and maintains reports or paperwork on work orders, work completed, inventory, hours utilized, etc.
* Assists or may be assisted by other skilled trades workers, semiskilled workers, trustees or others when necessary and as assigned
* Responsible for knowing and complying with all UCG and division safety rules and for attending safety meetings
* The principles, practices, and working applications of one or more of the skilled trades such as plumbing, electrical, heating and air conditioning or other trades
* The methods, practices, materials and tools used in the skilled trades relative to area of assignment
* The maintenance and operation of machinery, tools and equipment used in assigned area
* The occupational hazards and safety precautions relative to area of assignment
* Must have the dexterity to be able to manipulate large equipment, drive UCG vehicles, and use the tools and materials necessary to do concrete and asphalt work
* Maintenance and operation of the tools needed to complete duties, including small tools for forming concrete, asphalt roller, backhoe, etc.
* Be alert and show good judgement in sometimes rapidly changing circumstances
* Successfully do concrete and asphalt work related to storm and sanitary sewer maintenance and repairs
* Repair buildings, facilities and equipment
* Understand and follow oral and written instructions
* Maintain records of activities completed and materials utilized
* Drive and operate a variety of heavy equipment and trucks needed to carry out job assignments
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees
* Read and understand blueprints
* Plan work carefully to maximize production in a high security environment
Completion of high school or GED and one (1) year of work experience relative to area of assignment; or equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Possession of a Class B commercial driver's license issued by the Commonwealth of Kentucky OR the ability to acquire such within the six (6) month probationary period as a condition of permanent appointment.
Must be available for call-back and on-call duty and ability to work weekends and holidays as assigned and on emergencies.
Must be able to operate Urban County Government equipment and vehicles in a safe, prudent and responsible manner.
All positions require drug testing before employment and will require a pre-employment physical.
Applicants must be able to perform all essential job functions, as identified in the job posting.
100% Education and Experience Evaluation from information provided on the application at filing deadline date.
Physical demands include standing for extended periods of time, lifting, carrying, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, sitting, and use of controls.
Must have the strength and agility to allow the employee to perform job duties which would be found at the level of heavy work (i.e. exerting 50-100 pounds of force) or very heavy work (i.e. exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force) depending on area assigned.
Working conditions include performing job duties in various weather conditions, regular exposure to continuous noises, wet and humid surroundings, extreme hot or cold temperatures, sufficient vibrations, fumes, odors and dust - often in traffic and around large equipment.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit LFUCG electronic application through www.lexingtonky.gov with required documents to verify your education, training or certification/license(s), by filing deadline date.
RESUMES CAN NOT BE SUBSTITUTED FOR THE APPLICATION, but may be electronically attached/uploaded. Our system does not automatically populate the application when copying or attaching a resume. Therefore, you may provide a resume, but it cannot be substituted for completing the application itself.
***APPLICANTS WHO FAIL TO COMPLETE THE ELECTRONIC APPLICATION IN ITS ENTIRETY WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FURTHER***
Education documents may also be electronically attached/uploaded to your application***
APPLICANTS WHO FAIL TO PROVIDE DOCUMENTATION OF POST-HIGH SCHOOL EDUCATION BEFORE THE FILING DEADLINE DATE WILL NOT RECEIVE CREDIT FOR SUCH EDUCATION.
All applicants on previous eligibility lists for this classification must reapply in order to compete for this and future vacancies which may occur while this eligibility list is in effect.
For further information, call, e-mail, or visit:
Division of Human Resources
200 East Main Street
Lexington, KY 40507
Phone: (859) 258-3030
Web site: www.lexingtonky.gov
Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government - 13 months ago
The LFUCG provides free mulch three times a year: April, July and October, on the second and third Saturday of the month. People can pick up...