Org Marketing Statement
JTS Traffic Manager
Senior Director of Global Logistics
Plans and directs the physical movement of outbound shipments, including shipments to customers/vendors, and distribution centers and branches within the North American Region.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Primarily manages North American traffic/distribution research and strategic planning including policies and procedures regarding rates, carriers, automation, systems support, efficient routing, customer need, etc.
- Assists Senior Director of Global Logistics with all International strategic planning, procedures and optimization projects.
- Manages North American traffic to deliver the balance of Speed to Shelf, Quality, and Value to the organization.
- Manages the North American transportation process to achieve prescribed objectives; help to match the skill and background of associates to the work required; apply sound communication and motivational techniques to influence coworkers appropriately.
- Works with Jarden transportation teams to select and implement appropriate corporate carriers and rates into the Jarden Team Sports process and systems.
- Responsible for developing and adhering to the transportation budget while also contributing process improvements to the DC organization in order to develop efficiencies in the distribution process and meeting the customer needs. This includes auditing shipments to ensure conformance to best in class practices.
- Interprets and adheres to state and federal regulations and represents the organization with federal and state authorities, and other industry-related activities.
- Directs the audit and payment process to insure timely and accurate payment of freight bills.
- Support business development sales and marketing efforts as needed, to include customer presentations and direct the completion of North American transportation studies and analysis
- Provide transportation support and assistance to customers as needed
- Develop North American shipping best practices and procedures to drive economical traffic patterns and shipping routes.
- Ensures that operations are conducted safely and within the law.
- Develop and monitor performance measures in order to decrease costs and increase service to customers and Jarden Team Sports.
- Other duties as assigned.
5-7 years of experience, focus on setting up a new transportation system, process, procedures, and integrated team.
- General management experience to include staffing, organizing, motivating, supervising, and communicating
- Working knowledge of carrier operation, shipment routing, and distribution methods.
- Experience in general and specific transportation operations.
- Must have understanding of the complexities of legislation and regulation: Dept. of Transportation (DOT), state, federal and Interstate Commerce Commission (ICC).
- Ability to formulate and implement contracts
- Knowledge of costing, performance measurement, and traffic impacts on inventory control.
- Strong Computer skills to include indebt knowledge of Excel and pivot tables.
Following are the basic motor, audio, and reasoning skills required to perform this position:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Spanish is a plus.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and area. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Able to make sound judgments as it relates to personnel relations and the law.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands, fingers, handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing 20-35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. Employee will be required to hear telephone ring.
Jarden Corporation - 2 years ago
More than 100 brands of consumer products for inside and outside the home make Jarden beam. It makes a variety of branded consumer products,...