The Trainer position will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of training for a security force located in the Norfolk, VA region, including officer in-service training as well as all training requirements, both initial and continuing, required by both law and the contract. This will be a full time (40 hour) position. The Trainer will oversee all account activity that pertains to training in order to deliver the highest quality of service in accordance with the requirements outlined in the contract. Such training may include training to apprehend, hazmat, first aid, CPR, AED, NERC, pepper spray, fire extinguisher and customer service as deemed necessary under the contract and upon the direction of Inter-Con. The Trainer shall also have the authority to make real time decisions relating to the effective training of officers assigned to the contract, as directed by Inter-Con.
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications:
Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer by choice and is proud of its diverse workforce.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or possess a valid U.S. work permit
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Have strong organizational, leadership, interpersonal, and excellent written and verbal skills necessary to effectively communicate and coordinate with all stakeholders: Inter‑Con employees, staff members, senior and executive management, and client representatives
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently
- Possess a valid non-commercial license to operate a motor vehicle and satisfactorily undergo a DMV records check
- Have access to reliable transportation
- Minimum two (2) years of experience with security officer training compliance and/or training supervision required
- Security experience working in a college or university environment preferred
- Literacy in Microsoft Windows base software and the Microsoft Office suite
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive pre-employment background screening
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive pre-employment physical
- Must be physically fit and able to meet all of the physical requirements of the position including prolonged walking, sitting, standing, stooping and running, must be capable of responding to emergencies
There is no conning Inter-Con Security Systems. The company, one of the largest private security consulting firms in the US, provides...