Trainer - Responsible for delivering customer service new hire, systems, and/or refresher training sessions. Partner with workgroup for continuous training improvement and program effectiveness.
- Delivers initial customer service new hire training, customer service systems, and/or refresher training sessions using adult learning training methodology, resources, and appropriate media.
- Identifies alternate solutions/learning when delivery challenges arise (materials, content, room set-up).
- Responds appropriately to learner needs (clarification, examples, feedback).
- Establishes and maintains expertise in subjects taught.
- Manages classroom environment (participant challenges, utilization of room/space, handling roadblocks).
- Conducts contact center floor observations, store visits, business-to-business ride-alongs, for effective use of business acumen (tie to KPIs) through direct knowledge/experience with workgroup partners. May include select partnership with management, project meetings, etc.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of training conducted (class feedback, follow-up, surveys).
- Prepares, attends, and completes train-the-trainers / certifications as appropriate.
- Participates in and sometimes leads/manages team/program meetings (minutes, etc).
- Partners with national curriculum development teams on national project curriculum development and project support (curriculum review, certifications, UAT).
- Conducts peer-to-peer observations and provides feedback.
- Communicates curriculum or program effectiveness back to leadership and/or national curriculum development team.
- Masters initial training, new hire, systems, and/or refresher training content effectively.
- Tracks and monitors registration & attendance for all participants.
- Ensures preparation of training room (media, set-up, materials, room reservations, devices, rosters).
- Manages and prioritizes multiple courses.
- Adheres to company guidelines for trainer travel and expenses (expense, travel, p-card, corporate card).
- Follows ordering guidelines, inventory guidelines, materials current).
- Manages reporting responsibilities; i.e. expense reports, VZTimesheet, monthly tracking reports, rosters, store/team visit reports.
- Completes all required training and assessments supporting VZW initiatives.
- Complete knowledge of customer service systems and processes is essential
- Ability to demonstrate high degree of professionalism, flexibility and integrity.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while contributing to overall team success.
- Must have excellent attendance and be willing to work outside of regular business hours.
- Must demonstrate flexibility; must be able to adapt to changing business needs and the needs of the trainees.
- Commitment to developing others and helping them to succeed is critical to success.
- Ability to utilize a variety of delivery principles & training methods to deliver effective learning (discussions, lecture, online).
- Ability to identify alternate solutions/learning when delivery challenges arise (materials, content, room set-up).
- Effective use of questioning techniques (open, closed, directed, overhead).
- Effective verbal communication skills (grammar, structure, volume, jargon-free, filler-free, tone, tempo).
- Effective presentation skills (eye-contact, body language, non-verbals, movement, energy).
- Effective writing skills (grammar, spelling, easel charts, whiteboards).
- Utilization of media effectively (tv/video, powerpoint, projector, online learning/blended).
- Respond appropriately to learner needs (clarification, examples, feedback, coaching, listening).
- Establish and maintain trainer credibility (core values, business acumen, professionalism, appearance, relevance, field/content experience).
- Effective mastery and utilization of training materials (leader guide, participant materials, job aids).
- Managing the classroom environment (participant challenges, utilizing room/space, handling roadblocks).
- Must be able to travel out of town as required (may be up to 25% of the time).
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Communications, Education, Organizational Development or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of two plus years of customer service experience in telecom industry is required with wireless customer service preferred.
- CTT+ certification considered a plus.
Leadership experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.
Verizon Wireless - 2 years ago
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...