As the first municipal consumer protection agency in the country, the New York City Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) has ensured that businesses and consumer benefit from a fair and vibrant marketplace for 40 years. Today, DCA regulates 55 industries and licenses and inspects 80,000 businesses throughout the five boroughs. The Department enforces the City’s landmark Consumer Protection Law and related City and State Laws; mediates thousands of consumer complaints; and prosecuted law-breaking businesses through our Administrative Tribunal.
DCA is committed to educating, empowering and protecting consumers; holding businesses to high standards of marketplace behavior; and achieving excellence in the delivery of innovative agency programs and services.
As a small agency with a big mission, every staff member at DCA plays a critical role in ensuring success. The Enforcement Division at DCA seeks an experienced employee to serve in the Community Coordinator position. The Training and Recruitment Coordinator is the agency’s central point of contact for facilitating the acquisition, retention and development of employee talent. As a dynamic agency that is constantly working to improve efficiency and employee performance, the development of new and existing talent is a critical need. By focusing on both training and recruitment, this position is responsible for ensuring that DCA’s employees have the skills they need to fulfill the agency’s mission of ensuring a fair and vibrant marketplace for consumers and businesses.
The main focus of this position will be identifying qualified and talented candidates for the agency’s Enforcement and Licensing divisions, in additional to other divisional job openings. In this capacity, s/he will create and publicize job postings and identify and implement strategies to acquire qualified candidates. This will involve facilitating hiring pools to appoint Inspectors, working with agency Senior Managers, Supervisors, other city agencies, colleges, universities and other relevant external partners. Responsibilities will include analyzing, organizing and maintaining relevant data and information on job postings, job candidates, and agency employees. Other relevant and related duties assigned.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and two years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties described above; or
2. High school graduation or equivalent and six years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties as described above; or
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above. However, all candidates must have at least one year of experience as described in "1" above.
1. Proven ability to confidently and clearly present in a large group setting;
2. Outstanding written and oral communication skills;
3. Excellent organizations skills;
4. Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks to meet tight deadlines;
5. Experience training, teaching, and mentoring staff;
6. Technologically skilled including expertise in Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint;
7. Attention to detail and follow-through;
8. Quick learner with a proven ability to learn new concepts.
Current New York City Government Employees: Apply via Employee Self Service (ESS)
External Candidates: Apply via nyc.gov/careers/search
A RESUME AND COVER LETTER ARE REQUIRED.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
NO PHONE CALLS, FAXES, E-MAILS OR PERSONAL INQUIRIES PERMITTED.
NOTE: ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES UNDER CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED.
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM / Mon. - Fri.
42 Broadway, New York
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.
NYC Careers - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
SOCAPS is a craftsmen cooperative that provides industrial customers (machinery builders, wholesalers, or end-users) in several industries -...