The Training / Human Resources Manager will develop, execute, present and oversee the property wide training for all service standards, based on guest feedback, Langham required curriculum and other identified needs. The Training / Human Resources Manager will partner with Department Heads and Department Trainers to ensure effective and timely service training is provided to all departments. This position works with the Director of Quality & Training and Executive Committee to monitor customer service and develop action plans as appropriate. This role will also be responsible for other HR Generalist functions.
Human Resources Responsibilities
- Partner with the Director of Human Resources and Director of Quality & Training to conduct a training needs analysis and develop annual training goals.
- Coordinate, plan and execute all training programs
- Lead the hotel’s trainers network program
- Work with Department Heads to develop training/on boarding manuals for all hotel positions
- Maintain training materials and update monthly hotel training KPI’s
- Design and develop training programs based on hotel needs and individual goals
- Create and update monthly, quarterly and annual training calendar & programs
- Assist the Director of HR with other compliance training and recordkeeping
- Revise training programs as necessary based on changes in the work environment
- Assist Department Managers and supervisors in identifying specific training needs
- Work with Director of Quality and Hotel Manager to identify training needs to meet LQA standards
- Develop and update Leadership Onboard Training Manual
- Responsible for New Hire Orientation and 5M’s training
· Monitor 90 Day reviews for new hires and internal transfers
· HRB data entry
· Coordinate awards and recognition programs
· Assist HR Generalist with interviewing hourly candidates
· Community Service Leader & Event Coordination
· Update / maintain job descriptions
· Other HR Projects as assigned
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must be able to adhere to and promote Hotel service standards, Human Resources standards and policies, and applicable Corporate standards and policies.
- Carry out specific oral or written instructions.
- Speak clearly and listen carefully
- Communicate efficiently with colleagues at all levels
- Write clearly using accurate grammar and punctuations
- Think logically to make decisions.
- Speak to large groups, such as orientation, job fairs, etc.
- Speak and write clearly and with authority.
- Must be computer literate and able to use various operating systems.
- Must have broad knowledge of the various hotel job positions and the ability to match the position with applicant's abilities.
- Time management skills
- Flexible in working PM, weekends and holidays
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is a requirement
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Organizational Development
- Prior luxury hotel experience required
- Track record in developing and executing training programs at all levels
- HR generalist background is an asset
- Hotel operations experience is an asset
- Experience working in a fast pace environment
- A combination of 2-3 management experience in hotel environment is required
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES:
- PHR certification is an asset
Langham Hotels International - 2 years ago
Langham has a legendary hotel heritage dating back to 1865 when the Langham Hotel in London originally opened as Europe's first Grand Hotel....