Training Director/Manager, Guest Experience
The Training Director/Manager of Guest Experience will develop, execute, present and oversee the property-wide training for all service standards, based on guest feedback, Forbes Five Star and other identified needs areas. The Guest Experience Training Director/Manager will partner with Department Heads and Department Trainers to ensure effective and timely service training is provided to all departments. This position works with the Executive Committee to monitor customer service and develop action plans as appropriate.
This position reports to the Managing Director of the Resort and the Senior Director of Human Resources.
• Successful and demonstrable experience of 5 years or more in managerial or senior supervisory capacity ideally in a luxury resort or hotel setting.
• Appropriate Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and at least 2 years experience in skills development in a luxury property will be an advantage.
• Strong hands-on as well as development experience of training and learning programs for a diverse team.
• Ability to train from frontline staff up to management and department head level through a systematic approach that incorporates training into the culture and day-to-day activities.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
• Well developed presentation and public-speaking skills.
• Excellent planning and time-management skills.
• Flexible, open-minded, adaptable to change, with strong organizational, management and time management skills.
• Analyze guest feedback from source such as Guest Comment Cards and Guests’ Correspondence and Trip Advisor, for training need areas and develop and/or review training based on this feedback.
• Ensure guest satisfaction through appropriate, timely, and effective training identified through guest feedback analysis and department management needs.
• Confer and advise with department heads regarding training topics to enhance the guest experience.
• Oversee, in conjunction with department heads and department trainers, Forbes Five Star standard training, in anticipation of annual audit, to ensure exceptional service and certification standards are maintained.
• Develop specific training to improve service performance.
• Develop and execute training, tailored to the department, in the following areas:
-Pelican Hill Culture
• Oversee the Department Trainer program:
• Organize, market, and occasionally lead Irvine Company training courses
The Irvine Company - 17 months ago
Founded more than a century ago, the privately held company is known internationally for the communities it continues to create on The...