Training and Development Coordinator Level II (LPN/RN)
Assists with the development, implementation, training and monitoring of all clinical and non-clinical policies and procedures directly relating to non-provider employees. Assists with all center training as needed. Works closely with all members of the Training and Development Team to assure compliance with all JSA policies and procedures, Florida Nurse Practice Act, OSHA, HIPAA and other regulatory agencies. Responsible for instructor led-training, one-on-one training and implementation go-live support for providers and clinical staff on Allscripts Enterprise E H R. Go-live support includes, but is not limited to, shadowing providers into exam rooms with patients, assisting nurses in the exam rooms with patients during triage visits, and assisting in finding clinical terms/orders within the software system. Assists in QA activities of new note development with clinical testing for future software enhancements. Delivers hands-on computer training to providers and clinical staff and others in a group model or individualized approach. Actively participates in shadowing and mentoring activities at the work site. Represents the corporate office in a professional business manner. Must travel locally up to 100% . All other duties as assigned.
- Five years’ experience in the medical field preferred.
- Licensed Practical Nurse/Registered Nurse required. HMO exposure a plus.
- Three years training experience preferred.
- Strong presentation skills and good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to transfer knowledge to clients with diverse cultural backgrounds, educational experiences and learning styles
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in Standard English to physicians, nurses and other medical staff from a wide variety of cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Computer literate - experienced in operating personal laptop, projector, and other trainer tools
- Experienced in Microsoft Office Suite
- Allscripts Enterprise E H R experience preferred
- Ability to assure compliance at all centers for OSHA guidelines.
- Ability to learn, train and monitor appropriate Federal, State, and local regulations.
- Ability to develop appropriate clinical and non-clinical plans, policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language fluently.
- Ability to monitor the clinical and non-clinical operations of Family Practice/Primary Care services.
- Working knowledge of basic nursing principles and practices.
- Customer service oriented
- IV Certified (LPN).
- Venipuncture skills a plus.
- Knowledge of personnel management.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Results and goal-oriented.
- Possess a professional demeanor and appearance.
- Ability to travel on a regular basis within the state of Florida.
- Bilingual required (English/Spanish)
JSA Healthcare Corporation, a HealthCare Partners company, has been in business since 1969 and is a leading provider of primary care health...