A fantastic opportunity has arisen with a market leading Asian Bank, looking to make the immediate hire of a transaction banking product manager to join their team in NYC.
The right candidate will have strong front office client-facing experience and also a very strong product knowledge across trade finance, cash management, FX and treasury products.
- Co-ordinate / Evaluate all relevant Testing activity as part of the Product delivery lifecycle, ensure product-related processes are robust and effective. Development of new products and management of the product cycle including understanding of relevant documentation.
- Preparing / giving presentations to client, selling products to clients and acting as a regular point of contact.
- Responsible for Product profitability (to achieve overall Team targets) and product management while managing the risk (Operational, Financial and Market risks)
- Close interaction and effective relationship with Financial Institutions Group within the bank.
- Manage external/internal projects by working closely with vendors and internal departments located in the Americas
- Liaison with corporate sales organizations to position the product and promote new enhancements.
- You will have a focus on the development and commercialisation of a variety of key product lines with a view to increasing the bank’s revenues. Focus will be on: Trade Finance, Open Accounts, Working Capital, Cash Management and also more exotic products such as FX and structured commodity/trade finance.
- You will also have responsibility for monitoring and controlling the performance of these key product areas whilst keeping abreast of regulatory changes, technological development, corporate needs and competition in the market.
- It is essential that candidates have previous banking experience with significant experience in the trade finance/ working capital/ cash management space.
- You must be well-versed in the written/documentary aspect of transactions – this will be a key component of your role.
- This role suits a very driven, ambitious candidate with sales-type personality. You should have excellent relationship management skills to coordinate with departments internally at the bank and also with external parties alike.
- Understanding of product life cycle and execute discipline product management.
- Proven ability to learn quickly and work together with the team.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet time critical deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to changing environment.
- Candidates should have strong corporate banking / transaction banking / relationship management / trade product experience coming from another bank to be considered for this role.
- You must have excellent presentation skills and be strong / confident in front of clients.
If you are interested in this opportunity
The structuring team can be contacted on: +1 212 209 7310
Selby Jennings is an international recruitment solutions provider. The company places candidates in global financial institutions across the...