The Transcript Coordinator is responsible for the processing and mailing of transcripts for traditional undergraduate students.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and education.
- Two to four years customer service experience. Data entry/typing experience.
- Oversees the processing of all traditional undergraduate transcripts by delegating tasks to assigned workers, troubleshooting discrepancies, financially assessing students, and dispersing transcripts.
- Maintains Transcripts Logs and Transcript Request File to monitor the process and time of filling transcript request.
- Coordinates the release of transcripts and communicate with Student Financial Services, Collections or Academic Specialist regarding financial holds or degree holds.
- Oversees the progression of a Transcript Request, ensuring accuracy at every level and recommending improvements when needed.
- Identifies and fixes discrepancies on transcripts before printing on transcript paper.
- Coordinates processing of credit card payments, refunds and bills relating to transcripts. Makes deposits to the cashier weekly or bi-weekly, depending on the season.
- Orders transcript processing supplies for all transcript departments; Undergraduate, CAPS and Graduate.
- Adheres to and is knowledgeable on appropriate guidelines relating to FERPA and university policy on the release of records and information to a third party.
- Oversees the student transcript assistant, supervising student staff and assigning projects on a case-by-case basis.
- Updates the transcripts processing manual on a regular basis.
- Maintains historic documents and data regarding transcripts according to federal guidelines.
- Assists the front office as needed during registration and add/drop periods.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Assistant Registrar or Registrar.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to micro-manage complex database information.
- Good organization and problem solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Self starter.
- Analysis and strategy skills.
- Ability to balance a variety of tasks, demands and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to work effectively with other staff, faculty and students.
- Judgment and discretion skills on when to act and when to consult others.
- Able to learn and retain information.
- In agreement with the purpose and mission of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Requires sitting occasionally for extended periods of time, repetitive motions for operating computer mouse and keyboard. Hearing and speaking on telephone. Ability to lift, pull, bend, grasp, occasionally lift up to 20 lbs, reach top of five-drawer file cabinet. Able to conduct business at other offices on campus.
- Computer monitor, reading
- Pleasant office setting, comfortable temperature.
- Preferred experience with Gmail, Google Docs, Microsoft Office, and Peoplesoft