Clerk II Clerk II - Transcriptionist/Medical Records Clerk. Under the direction of the Medical Records Supervisor.
* Shift - 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.. Monday through Friday
* Responsible for interpreting and transcribing medical dictation by physicians and other healthcare professionals regarding patient assessment, therapeutic procedures, clinical course, diagnosis, prognosis, etc. in order to document patient care and facilitate delivery of healthcare services.
* Also functions as general medical records clerk. Responsible for preparation, reconciliation, and closing of medical charts. Shared responsibility of discharge packet preparation and distribution. Shared responsibility of release of information duties requires knowledge of HIPAA.
* THIS POSITION IS IN VERNON, TEXAS - must be willing to live in or commute to Vernon, Texas.
Essential Job Functions:
* Transcribe medical dictation from various accents and dialects to provide a permanent record of patient care by applying knowledge of medical terminology and English language rules, editing all discrepancies and inconsistencies to meet priority and quality standards. Also able to transcribe handwritten documents from various sources and handwriting styles.
* Requires ability to discern differences between various medical documents, assess for completion of signatures, dates, and times.
* Requires a working knowledge of medical terminology and application of medical knowledge in correlation with chart completion.
* Shared responsibilites to reconcile discharged patient charts with various information, including legal information, to finalize said charts within specified time frame.
* Conduct self at all times in a manner consistent with standards expected by NTSH employees and demonstrates a willingness to comply with client/consumer requests while following department standards.
* Give highest priority to insure compliance of transcription excellence while utilizing organizational skills, prioritizing, decision making, and self management skills.
* Other duties as assigned include but are not limited to actively participating and/or serving in a supporting role to meet the agency's obligations for disaster response and/or recovery or Continuity of Operations (COOP) activation. Such participation may require an alternate shift pattern assignment and/or location.
* Comply with confidentiality and privacy practices as outline by DSHS Administrative Policy and Procedure and in accordance with HIPAA.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
* Typing 45 wpm;
* Excellent spelling and grammatical skills;
* Transcription experience preferred;
* CWS experience preferred;
* Knowledge of medical terminology, pharmacology, etc - mental health experience preferred.
* Ability to understand diverse accents and dialects and varying dictation styles.
* Ability to use designated reference materials.
* Ability to operate designated word processing, dictation, and transcription equipment as specified.
* Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision.
* Ability to concentrate and work under pressure with time constraints.
Registration or Licensure Requirements:
Initial Selection Criteria:
* Graduation from a standard senior high school or equivalent is required.
* Experience to indicate general understanding of business, knowledge, skills, and abilities needed.
* Experience with clerical, secretarial, or word processing work required.
* CWS experience preferred.
* Experience in use of automated office systems is required (ms office, databases, etc).
* Have not been convicted of or subjected to a deferred adjudication on a Class B Misdemeanor or greater charge, including felonys.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), HHS agencies will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the on-line application, contact the HHS Employee Service Center at 1-888-894-4747. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview. req#224148
Texas Department of Family and Protective Services - 21 months ago