General Statement of Duties:
Facilitates the transcription of dictated medical reports in an accurate and timely manner in order to document patient care and facilitate delivery of healthcare services. May be assigned to work in-hospital or home based.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Transcribes medical dictation providing a permanent record of patient care.
2. Transcribes an average of 10,000 lines per day, based on an 8 hour day.
3. Transcribed reports will be accurate in typing, spelling, terminology, and grammar; neat, and conform to hospital format guidelines and department policies.
4. Transmits transcribed medical reports according to requested schedule.
5. Works as an active member of the Transcription Section Team in identifying potential areas of improvement.
6. Communicates well with others keeping abreast of any problems or concerns with transcription section processes.
Job Description Appendix A:
Environmental and Physical Demands/Hazardous Conditions:
( X) INSIDE: Spends approximately 38-40 hours or more per week inside.
( ) OUTSIDE: Spend approximately __ hours per week outside (driving/running work related errands).
( ) BOTH: The activities occur inside and outside in approximately equal amounts.
WORK POSITIONS: (defined in 10% increments of work time): Sitting
( ) SEDENTARY WORK: Lifting 10 lbs. maximum and occasional lifting and/or carrying articles.
(X) LIGHT WORK: Lifting 20 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying articles weighing up to 10 lbs.
( ) MEDIUM WORK: Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
( ) HEAVY WORK: Lifting 100 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
( ) VERY HEAVY WORK: Lifting objects in excess of 100 lbs. with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing more than 50 lbs.
( ) Ability to lift, push and pull with assistance (mechanical or co-worker) the weight of an average patient specific to the department.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. College level courses in medical terminology and anatomy and physiology courses desirable.
Experience: Two years experience as medical transcriptionist in an acute care facility or in a physician’s office or clinic preferred.
Meditech, Dictaphone dictation equipment, Personal computer, ChartScript
Metropolitan Methodist Hospital is truly downtown San Antonio’s most comprehensive hospital, providing a wide-range of health care...