Grade 14 $18.81 - $24.46/hr (midpoint)
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center
6:45 pm - 7:15 am
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
The Admission Triage Nurse will act as liaison between Admissions Department, Nursing, internal and external physicians, Emergency Department, and all other patient intake areas to expedite appropriate placement of patients. Coordinates and facilitates the placement of patients using clinical nursing skills and knowledge of clinical care requirements. Screens for the medical necessity of admissions and direct transfers to the Medical Center , and the appropriate level of care requirements. Collaborates with Nursing and Physician staff to maintain patient flow and throughput encompassing all levels of care, while maximizing Quality and bed utilization.
1. Adheres to the general hospital standards to promote a cooperative work environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships and team building across departmental lines.
2. Protects self, co-workers and facility by following approved policies and procedures to prevent the spread of blood-borne and/or airborne disease(s).
3. Monitors bed availability in all levels of care.
4. Facilitates timely admission and transfer of patients into the Medical Center .
5. Facilities patient flow and throughput.
6. Develops and maintains effective processes and information systems to facilitate efficient and appropriate admissions and transfers.
7. Ensures the quality of professional services by updating knowledge, skill and continuing professional growth.
8. Provides age/developmentally appropriate patient care in accordance with Age/Developmental Specific Care Guidelines for the specific age groups served.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Good interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Broad clinical knowledge base
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills – ability to handle multiple complex situations simultaneously
- Working knowledge of IT and PreAdmit/Teletracking systems and how they relate to admission, transfer, and discharge processes.
- Working knowledge of insurance verification, authorization and billing processes
- Nursing degree (BSN preferred) from an accredited school of nursing
- RN licensure in the State of Wyoming
- BCLS required 5 years Med/Surg experience required ICU experience preferred
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center - 18 months ago
The Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) is the benefits division of the Department of Veterans Affairs. The VBA provides benefits divided...