Job Title: Transfer Driver - 2nd Shift
Our Transfer Driver (Class A) services commercial routes safely operating a heavy-duty truck to perform assigned duties on transfer routes. This position will service approximately 100 to 150 commercial customers per day according to the assigned routes. The waste will then need to be transferred to the appropriate station, landfill or drop-off location. Our drivers routinely climb in and out of the truck cab to service customer accounts and at times need to climb on to the truck containers to smooth loads or secure tarps for transport.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401k plan, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
- At least 1 year of previous experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL within the past 7 (seven) years.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Have a Class A commercial driver's license with airbrake endorsement valid for the state in which you are applying to work in.
- Clean driving record
- Must be able to speak and read English well enough to converse with the general public, understand highway traffic and signals, respond to official questions, and be able to make legible entries on reports and records.
- Successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen, background and motor vehicle records check and Department of Transportation Physical.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Waste Management Frontline
- 2 years ago - save job
Waste Management is the leading provider of comprehensive waste management and environmental services in North America. We are also a...