Under general supervision, operates transit system vehicles in a safe and efficient manner; performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicles; assists the riding public.
Examples of Duties:
- Operates a City transit vehicle (GREAT bus) in a safe manner along a designated route on an assigned schedule;
- Maintains on time performance on routes;
- Collects fares;
- Prepares daily trip sheets;
- Performs required CDL pre-trip and post-trip inspections on assigned vehicles;
- Reports maintenance needs to Fleet Services and completes necessary paperwork to ensure timely repairs;
- Completes all necessary reports as may be required;
- Assists the riding public and provides information on routes and schedules;
- Promotes good public relations;
- Provides professional and courteous service to passengers at all times; maintains a professional appearance;
- Ensures fareboxes are properly deposited each day;
- Cleans inside and washes outside of buses; sweeps and empties trash can;
- May work in the Public Works yard performing assigned duties such as cleaning buses, bus shelters, bus stop, and bus washer maintenance duties;
- May drive City Tour Bus;
- Performs other related work as assigned.
- Part-time drivers perform above tasks on an "as needed" basis.
Education and Experience:
- Ability to read and write sufficiently to complete required tasks (high school diploma or GED preferred); and
- Six months experience as a bus or heavy motorized vehicle operator.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Good knowledge of:
- traffic laws and regulations;
- basic maintenance procedures.
- the operation of assigned vehicles.
- operate a motor vehicle in a safe manner on City streets;
- learn routes and maintain time schedules;
- deal tactfully and courteously with the public;
- make accurate arithmetic calculations;
- maintain complete and accurate records;
- communicate clearly and professionally;
- establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public.
Valid North Carolina Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with passenger and air brakes endorsements; safe driving record.
Must be able and available to work a flexible schedule on an "as needed" basis, including Saturdays.
Greenville, NC is the 10th largest city in the state of North Carolina and the home of East Carolina University! Located halfway between the...