T HE POSITION:
We are looking for an aggressive candidate with at least 3-5 years of transition management experience to fill this role. The person will be responsible for leading and driving Finance and Accounting client transitions into our environment. This position is based from their El Segundo, California office with travel to client offices from time to time as required. Depending on the location, they are willing to offer this person some days working remote.
Purpose of the job: Responsible for leading and driving new client transitions and existing client transitions for the addition of new services (migrating, improving and optimizing the business process into our environment). Ensuring satisfaction of client expectations and that company processes and procedures are followed and maintained, which includes all aspects of personnel, relationships with the client, and detailed decisions to make the transition a success.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Manages all tasks associated with initiating, planning, scheduling, executing, controlling transitions/projects.
- Business project consulting/re-engineering.
- Responsible for master project plan including project schedule, communications plan, change control plan, risk management plan, responsibility matrix, and cost control/tracking mechanism.
- Monitors and tracks the transition budget for each project and provides periodic reporting of this information to the Vice President of Transition Services.
- Ensures that the appropriate level of support is available to the operations team and their clients during the transition cycle.
- Ensures risks and impact to the global operations centers are identified and addressed.
- Identify, secure, and manage appropriate resources to form project team with support from the Vice President to satisfy project scope and expectations.
- Establishes and manages relationships that may include internal employees, client employees as well as external vendor relationships.
- Creates and maintains project issue log to track issues and ensure timely resolution. Responsible for project communication specific to steering committee, stakeholders, project team members, external resources and senior management.
- Facilitate and moderate project meetings including but not limited to project kickoffs, team progress and issue resolution, leadership update, project close out and best practices and core team meetings.
Other duties and responsibilities:
- Interact with corporate functions:
- Third-party Contractors - negotiates, selects and manages subcontractors and third-partyproviders, monitors performance, and takes corrective action as required.
- Supports the Vice President of Transition Services in the development of the annual industrybudget and monthly reprojections.
- Train, develop, mentor and discipline team and staff.
- Sales - Supports the sales team in efforts to increase sales through expanding the customer base with participating in process assessments, due diligence discussions/meetings, client presentations etc.
- Technology - Working with technology teams, ensuring equipment and resources are adequately available to support transition project needs.
- Operations - Working with the operations teams, ensuring production resources are adequately available to support transition project needs.
- HR - Ensure staff's compliance with company policies.
- Updates appropriate management on client and transition issues.
- Plan for special projects.
- Completes other duties as assigned for both transitional and operational related projects.
- Transition Specialist, Transition Manager, responsible for supervising staff associated with the transition/project
Knowledge and Skills:
Required: This position requires 3-5 years of prior experience with Project Management, consulting role, supervising a team, experience with Microsoft Office Project. Qualified candidates will have experience managing multi-phase, multi-vendor projects. Knowledge/expertise in managing similar operations (preferably business operations) in a production/transactional environment (financial, accounting, manufacturing, etc). Experience with accounting, manufacturing/distribution, hospitality (restaurant/hotel), and property management operations a plus. This position requires strong communication, planning, organization, analysis, team management, facilitation, conflict resolution, decision making, problem solving, and project management skills.
- Must be a self starter.
- Must have the ability to communicate verbally and in writing with personnel at various levels.
- PC applications proficiency (Word, Excel, MS Project, Access, PowerPoint).
- Planning and analysis skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in an organized manner.
- Ability to coordinate simultaneous projects with multiple-level tasks and functions independently.
- Ability to quickly grasp our client's business and organization in order to effectively interact with their employees, particularly senior management and others in purchasing, receiving, human resources and accounting.
- The ability to master the use of client systems (particularly accounting/ERP systems such as Oracle, SAP, Great Plains, etc)
- Ability to manage and supervise direct reports, contractors and project team members.
- Familiar with the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Experience with workflow routing/process software/concepts
- Experience managing multi-phase, multi-vendor projects
- Experience with Manufacturing/Distribution, Hospitality (restaurant/hotel), Property Management industries and accounting/financial professional services
Compensation: $75K - $90K base salary (may go higher based on experience)
Location: Los Angeles
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume or inquiry to email@example.com.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.