Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
Bachelors degree or specialty certification
Earn 15.0 continuing
education credits annually
Must work a minimum of 0.5 FTE
Minimum 6,000 hours of RN experience
Approval of site Clinical Advancement Board
Good communication skills
Good time management and organizational skills
Familiarity with patient care equipment
Current Illinois RN license
Specialty certification or bachelors degree Ability to work weekends, holidays, and different shifts in order to accommodate staffing
Certain positions may need to take call
Ability to transport objects, patients, and equipment
Ability to respond quickly to patient needs and work at fast pace
Work environment includes probability of exposure to adverse, hazardous, or unpleasant conditions while caring for the sick
Ability to assist in evacuation of patients in the event of a fire or other disaster
Routinely works with potentially infectious specimens and patients
Ability to respond to patients in a timely manner and access all areas of the unit
Ability to lift up to 100 pounds occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds constantly
The RN staff nurse assumes primary responsibility for the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care for assigned patients.
A Nurse Clinician II plans and sets goals which demonstrate a holistic approach to patients and families. Demonstrates a mastery of clinical skills.
1. Patient Education: Demonstrates a commitment to meet the learning needs of patients and their families. Application of a systematic process involving optimal level of self care for patient and optimal quality of life for patient and family and significant others following Advocate's MVP of Equality.
2. Care and Service Coordination: Practices as an effective member of the patient care team to formulate an integrated approach to care following Advocate's MVP of Partnership.
3. Patient Relationship: Develops and maintains a therapeutic relationship throughout the healthcare continuum following Advocate's MVP of Compassion.
4. Assuring/Improving quality of care: Facilitates the patient and family's right to receive quality cost effective care following Advocate's MVP of Stewardship.
5. Business Development and Growth: Demonstrates behaviors that enhance productivity and an understanding of financial and economic conditions in the health care environment.
6. Leadership/Collaboration/Professional Development: Demonstrates respect and understanding for peers and other clinical disciplines and participates as an effective member of the patient care team to formulate an integrated approach to care following the Advocate MVP of Excellence.
This associate must have home health experience, be able to work 1summer and 1winter holiday, rotate in on call schedule and travel all Advocate at Home service territories.
Advocate Health Care
- 2 years ago - save job
Advocating wellness in Chicagoland from Palos Heights to Palatine, Advocate Health Care is a not-for-profit, integrated health care network...