This position is responsible to provide supervision, teach daily living skills, and ensure the safety of youth in our Las Vegas Second Start program.
This will be accomplished through the following:
- Interact with youth as a mentor and positive role model with the objective of providing self regulation, support, and understanding.
- Participate in daily activities, along with community based activities when needed.
- Engage youth in daily household tasks, such as cleaning room, doing chores, mealtime preparation and clean up.
- Responsible for keeping daily documentation and special incidents following the incident and damage report procedures.
- Keep all medications under lock and key and dispense as prescribed by physician and document on daily medication log.
- Apply crisis intervention following agency policies.
- Perform general site cleaning, such as cleaning and sanitizing surfaces and the removal of trash.
- Monitor visitors.
- High School Diploma is required
- Associates degree in a related field is preferred
- Three years experience working with children is required
- Strong organizational skills to prioritize workload
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Operate a computer in regards to Microsoft Office and agency database system