Translation and Interpretation - Adjunct Instructor (part time)
POSITION TITLE: Translation and Interpretation Instructor (part-time)
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Department Chair
SUPERVISES: No supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
The Community College of Aurora is looking for innovative faculty to teach Translation and Interpretation classes and encourage the success of all students, while maintaining the educational standards set forth by the department and college. The candidate must be able to teach theory and practice related to consecutive interpretation, simultaneous interpretation, sight translation, codes of ethics, and translation. Also, the candidate must be able to teach face-to-face and online courses.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uphold the values of the college.
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with community college philosophy.
- Abide by all relevant college and CCCS and SBCCOE policies and procedures.
- Develop lesson plans, activities, and assessments that lead students to the attainment of the competencies established in the syllabus.
- At the first class meeting, provide students with a syllabus for the course that includes all components of the course model syllabus and the competencies established in the Colorado Common Course Numbering System.
- Before the first day of class, provide the department administrative assistant with a copy of the course syllabus.
- Evaluate student performance in accordance with student learning outcomes as stated in the course syllabus.
- Conduct student evaluations of instruction in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate records of attendance and grading of students and submit required records according to published deadlines.
- Attend departmental/divisional/instruction-wide meetings as called by the Department Chair, Dean or Vice President for Instruction.
- Participate in faculty development activities as required; adjunct instructors must complete “New Faculty Orientation” during their first year.
- Participate in the coaching/mentoring initiative established by the Department Chair.
- Certificate / license in the area of translation and interpretation.
- 4,000 hours of verifiable employment in translation and interpretation (non-teaching) in the last 5 years.
- Types of verification accepted: signed letters from employers stating employment dates and duties, income statements, or a Schedule C from Income Tax forms.
Current Salary Rate: $665.00 per credit hour
- Bachelor’s degree in the area of translation and interpretation or related area.
- Experience teaching translation and interpretation.
Anticipated Start Date: June 2014
Deadline to Submit Application Material: Positions are open until filled. Application review will begin immediately.
Application Process: Please submit a cover letter specifically addressing the position requirements, and a current resume to Ana Martin-Mejia, Interim Chair of Performing Arts and Humanitites.
By submitting an application for this announced position, applicants are certifying that all statements, information and documents provided are true, complete and correct to the best of my knowledge and are made in good faith. Further, applicants understand that omissions, misleading, false or untrue information, or any attempt at fraud or deceit in any manner connected with this application and/or subsequent testing may result in them not being considered for jobs with the Community College of Aurora; may constitute grounds for discipline and/or termination after hire; and/or constitute grounds for further actions pursuant to law.
The Federal Clery Act (The Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to prospective employees our agency's Annual Security Report. A copy of this information is available on the CCA website at http://www.ccaurora.edu/students/student-right-know . A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the College Security Office upon request. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes that occurred on campus or on property controlled or owned by Community College of Aurora, as well as public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, our campuses.
Notice to all Applicants:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to final selection process.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within fourteen (14) days of hire.
- CCA is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit www.copera.org .
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in your application material.
Community College of Aurora - 10 months ago