Must possess extensive knowledge of transmission line design, both civil and electrical aspects.
Education / Experience
Bachelor degree in Civil or Electrical Engineering from an accredited university. Knowledge and demonstrated experience in transmission line design, along with experience. Licensed professional engineer with ability to become licensed in multiple states.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Minimum 10 years experience in actual hands on design work
- Experience in preparing cost effective designs in EPC environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of transmission engineering, including routing issues, conductor selection, structure determination, plan and profile development, material takeoffs, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of substation structures, foundations, and site development issues
- Knowledge of common engineering application software, particularly such tools as PLS-CAD
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering standards including NESC, IEEE, ASCE, ACI and ANSI that apply to transmission design
- Extensive knowledge of design documents and drawings necessary for a complete a project
Employee may be called upon to perform any or all of the following functions:
- Generate cost effective designs for high voltage electrical transmission lines
- Represent the Engineering department and participate in inter-department meetings
- Attend meetings with customers as needed to support the Sales department and the engineers
- Monitor team progress and activities to ensure projects remain on schedule, within budget and exceed customer expectations
- Able to perform transmission line engineering work independently.
- Balance innovation and standardization of work processes
- Travel out of town for short periods of time as required by assignments
- Other duties as required
Dashiell - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
Dashiell specializes in designing, building, testing, and maintaining high and medium voltage electrical systems for utilities, power...