This position is located in Serra Mesa.
8-hour shift; 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, no weekends
- Bachelor's degree required
- Current unencumbered California Nursing license required
- Current CPR, CCTC certification preferred or obtained within 18 months of employment
- Adult Solid Organ-Transplant Coordinator and ESRD experience preferred
- Transplant Coordinator experience preferred
- Requires 3 to 5 years nursing experience in a critical care setting (SICU or MICU) or 3 to 5 years nursing experience in caring for cardiac, ESRD and post-transplant patients
- Experience caring for transplant recipients and/or patients with ESRD undergoing hemodialysis preferred
- Basic to intermediate computer skills required
- Must show evidence of professional growth
- Position requires consultative, teaching and research skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with nephrologists, surgeons, inpatient and outpatient healthcare professionals
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Excellent Team work, Collaboration, Communication, and Customer Service skills required. Prior solid organ transplant experience preferred.
This RN position is part of the Transplant Department at Sharp Memorial Hospital. This is a multi-disciplinary department committed to providing high quality patient care and to making a difference in the lives of patients and their families’ pre and post-transplant. A national leader in organ and multi-organ transplantation, Sharp HealthCare's Transplant Program is committed to a high standard of quality care and personal attention. It is a commitment that begins long before the organ transplant and continues well beyond the operation. More than 1,500 cadaveric and live-related kidney transplant procedures have been performed at Sharp hospitals. Sharp-affiliated surgeons have been performing heart transplants since 1985 — celebrating 25 years in October 2010 — and also perform re-transplant procedures. Sharp Memorial Hospital has participated in many lifesaving kidney donation chains, including one in 2011 that spanned the country with a record 60 participants. Sharp offers a live kidney donor program, which includes living related donation, living unrelated donation, paired donation, altruistic kidney donation and the donor exchange program.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Push/Pull up to 50 pounds
- Carry up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.
- 2 years ago - save job
The docs and the scalpels are sharp at Sharp Memorial Hospital. The flagship facility of Sharp HealthCare, the not-for-profit hospital...