Job Title: Transplant Coordinator Assistant - Lung Transplant Services
Job ID: 32844
Business Unit: HOSPT
Full/Part Time: Full-Time (40 hours)
Associate's degree or equivalent; 2 years of related experience.
To assist the transplant coordinators in all activities related to patient care. The coordinator assistant will communicate closely with the coordinator to provide a continuum of care for the patient.
The salary range for this position is from $38,400 to $57,600 annually, commensurate with experience.
This position is a Band Code CS13.
Specific Job Related Duties
Preparation for presentation at selection committee meetings to include agenda and minutes
- Facilitate the referral process
- Request patient medical records
- Prepare patient chart
- Scheduling and patient notification of pre transplant evaluation and post transplant testing
- Clinic preparation
- Organization, filing and scanning of patient information and correspondence
- Documentation of all communication in the patient's electronic medical record
- Patient call triage
- Retrieval of diagnostic testing and laboratory results for review by transplant coordinator and physician
- Tracking and scheduling required follow-up testing and clinic visits
Preferred Work Experience
- Real time entry and transplant database updates
- Provide ongoing updates to referring providers
- Contact dialysis units, as applicable, with patient updates and facilitate requests for information
- Prepare patient correspondence to meet internal and external regulatory requirements
- Provide input required to complete UNOS Tiedi forms
- Provides general assistance to the transplant coordinators
- Maintains a general understanding of transplant related regulatory requirements
- Participation in the department's quality assurance and performance improvement activities.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
- Performs related duties as requested.
Experience in cardiology, pulmonology, transplantation or related field preferred.
2 or more years medical office/hospital experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution which proudly values diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The University of Texas Medical Branch - 16 months ago