TITLE : TRANSPORTATION/FACILITY MANAGER
Program Management Department
DEFINITION : Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Program Management, is responsible for the management of all agency transportation programs including the maintenance and operation of PCA’s fleet of vehicles, oversight of Attendant Transportation Service (ATS) and billing of Waiver transportation services. Also responsible for oversight of PCA owned facilities including maintenance and repair of buildings, grounds and associated equipment. This position provides supervision to transportation unit staff and provides technical assistance and consultation on transportation and building maintenance matters, as needed.
- Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Social Sciences or a related field and three years of progressively responsible management or Administrative experience.
- Experience in program administration and staff supervision
Personal Characteristics :
- Experience in program development and budget preparation preferred.
- General knowledge of vehicle repair and maintenance, in addition to familiarity with practices, repairs and equipment used in facility and building maintenance.
- Ability to communicate well in oral and written form required.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple and competing responsibilities
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse constituents and consumers
- High energy level
- Pre-employment physical, drug testing, and criminal history clearance required
- Valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Knowledge of Passenger Assistance Techniques
- Second language abilities preferred.
- Must be available by cell phone during non-work hours.
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS :
Directly supervises transportation staff and manages all PCA transportation services including all PCA vehicles, the Courier Service, and the Attendant Transportation Program.
Provides clinical supervision to Attendant Transportation Service Resource Coordinator regarding disposition of eligibility and safety considerations for attendant transportation service.
Develops and updates standards of operation and procedures for all PCA transportation services and provides technical assistance to subcontractors regarding shared ride or attendant transportation service related problems.
Advocates for and develops and maintains linkages with Transportation Units in all governmental agencies and other transportation providers to assure that the needs of older adults are addressed in their planning and delivery systems. Provides technical assistance to PCA and subcontractor staff through interpretation of federal, state and local guidelines and transportation planning regulations.
Coordinates, negotiates and oversees maintenance contracts for PCA-owned facilities and works with assigned program manager(s) to assure proper coordination of all building maintenance/repair functions.
Manages unit cost and program funded contracts. Assists subcontractors as needed in budget and proposal development; negotiates subcontract agreements.
Assures service quality by overseeing regular on-site monitoring including written reports and corrective action plans.
Performs coordinative and mediating functions between transportation subcontractors and various PCA departments.
Represents PCA on local, regional and state committees regarding transportation services to older adults.
Oversees and manages operation of vehicle fleet maintenance program, as implemented by fleet mechanic and outside garages. Maintains relationships with garages; selects garages to accommodate needs of fleet, as needed.
Submits fleet related insurance claims and represents PCA in all claims related matters.
- Responsible for the analysis and reconciliation of monthly vendor invoices.
Provides assistance with the development and arrangement of driver safety training for MDC staff.
- Develops specifications for the purchase of vehicles, conducts bid process and verifies receipt of vehicles that comply with specifications.
- Monitors the coordination and operation of the Shared Ride Program and Attendant Transportation Service; analyzes service utilization; conducts quarterly meetings; prepares associated reports, as required.
Participates with departmental and other PCA staff in the design, development and implementation of new services and programs. This may include:
Development of service definitions, standards and specifications; eligibility criteria; procedures; reporting mechanisms.
RFP development and proposal review.
Implementation assistance to subcontractors.
Other duties as assigned.
- Accurate and timely completion of all required reports
- Thorough documentation of all monitoring and other activities associated with subcontract oversight and management
- Professional demeanor in all interactions with other staff, subcontractors and consumers
- Mastery of all job related software programs for managing budgets, performance data and other contract requirements
- Thorough understanding of all policies, regulations and requirements governing fleet management and consumer transportation
- Appreciation and thorough understanding of service quality as it relates to fleet management and consumer transportation services
- Supervisory and management acumen to appropriately delegate and assure quality and timeliness of all assigned responsibilities, including the completion of performance evaluations within specified timeframes.
- Attendant Transportation Service Resource Coordinator
- Fleet Mechanic and Fleet Mechanic Assistant
- Clerical support staff
- Agency Couriers
- PCA staff
- Subcontractor staff
- Subcontracted senior centers, Adult Day Care Programs and other Shared Ride sponsored agencies
- Vendor Organizations
STARTING SALARY : $47,068.00
POSITION OPENING : OPEN UNTIL FILLED
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT OUR CURRENT JOB OPENINGS AND
TO SUBMIT YOUR RESUME PLEASE GO TO: WWW.PCACAREERS.ORG
Philadelphia Corporation for Aging - 11 months ago