Sr. Transportation Planner/Global Transportation Analyst is responsible for the daily tactical execution and continuous improvement initiatives of Domestic and International shipments. This position is responsible for timely and accurate reporting & execution of order management, load optimization, carrier & freight forwarder selection, shipment tracking and issue resolution, This position is responsible for determining the most cost effective mode (TL, LTL, Air, Ocean LCL, Ocean FCL) for each shipment, using Lean tools and techniques to reduce waste and maximize savings in the network.
- Coordination of Domestic and shipments - Air, Ocean, LTL, and TL shipments with contracted freight forwarders and carriers.
- Shipment management and operational issues investigation and resolution.
- Selecting low-cost mode, carrier and/or freight forwarder based on customer-specific routing instructions and/or routing guides.
- Daily interaction with internal and external customer is required.
- Responsible for Track and Trace and exception reporting:
- Monitoring shipments in transit to ensure all shipments are tracking to plan
- Ensure all load statuses in LMS are accurate and on-time
- Report any shipment delays internally and externally
- Providing accurate and timely updates to customer upon request
- Investigate root cause of delays and impact to customer.
- Pro-active execution of Supply Chain Contingency Plan should a situation arise
- Continuous improvement initiatives
- Identifying internal and external cost savings
- Execution of Kaizen’s, Project A3’s, and Value Stream Mapping
- Development and maintenance of Transportation Management related SOP’s, SWI’s, and Process flows.
- Acting as a liaison between Transportation Operations, carriers and customers
- Daily interaction with internal, carrier and customer personnel is required
Essential skills required:
- Strong Knowledge of Transportation Operations and Modes of Transport
- Strong organizational and time management skills; specifically documentation of all issues, communication with customers and carriers
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, with emphasis on Access, Excel and Viso
- Strong systems aptitude, experience with Menlo LMS and/or Menlo TMS (OTM) is required
Preferred skills and experience:
- 3+ years’ experience in 3PL Transportation/Logistics is required
- 3+ years’ experience with a Freight Forwarder experience is preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of US Export documentation requirements is preferred
- Knowledge and understanding US Export customs regulations is preferred
- Order management experience is preferred
- Bilingual Spanish is highly desired preferred, but not required.
Scope and Accountability:
Applies principals, concepts, practices and standards of a professional field to complete a variety of on-going assignments an projects. Analyzes quantitative information and applies professional judgment to resolve a variety of issues. Impacts team effectiveness through responsibility for the quality of own work and potentially the work of others.
"We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer MF/DV"
United States-Michigan-Auburn Hills
Con-way - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Con-way Inc. is a freight transportation and logistics services company headquartered in Ann Arbor, Mich. Con-way delivers industry-leading...