This position is responsible for supporting the Transportation Manager of the Global Logistics Operations by acting as a transportation subject matter expert and liaison for problem resolution and exception management between global logistic partners, carriers, internally and externally managed shipping, receiving, and manufacturing facilities, and the HbI business unit to ensure the on time and accurate movement of goods. This position is also responsible for maintaining the latest carrier contract records.
1. Direct the Transportation Specialists for issue resolution and the on-time movement of products/equipment/materials globally in accordance with organizational policy and procedure, and to comply with the relevant local, country and international law and process.
2. Effectively communicate daily and as needed operational updates verbally, via e-mail, and via telephone with internal and external global supply chain partners and customers. The global contacts include, but are not limited to; defined textile and supply shippers, purchasing personnel, cost accounting, trade compliance, ocean carriers, inland carriers, third party logistics providers (3PL’s).
3. Arrange optimal transportation and logistics routings for all modes of transportation, including oversized and overweight freight within the guidelines of the department and adhering to all associates regulatory agencies when new lanes are identified.
4. Collaborate with the Senior Logistics Analyst for all transportation KPI and Metric data monitoring and reporting and communicate the data findings to the departmental management as well as the business.
5. Maintain and review transportation data held in multiple systems for accuracy and reporting needs.
6. Negotiate rates as needed with contract carriers
7. Provide analysis of current transportation and operations practices to determine process and cost improvement opportunities.
8. Provide the necessary freight analysis and decision support systems for other functional areas
9. Work with Finance and Accounting on freight accruals and other journal entries impacting Logistics.
10. Assist in the creation and publication of transportation financials
11. Develop, format and publish weekly and monthly Key Performance Indicators related to freight and freight related services and measures.
12. Create carrier performance report cards for business review meetings to discuss past carrier performance and future expectations
13. Compile and analyze historical shipping information to monitor trends and help develop bid packages
14. Develop, maintain, and execute shipping procedures and proactively identify logistics/transportation/documentation compliance issues and initiate corrective action as necessary.
15. Liaise with other departments in order to execute effective and relevant transportation activities and support in relation to the organization’s sales, purchasing, materials management, production and overall operating functions.
16. Act as a back-up to the Transportation Specialist role during shifts in volume, expected and unexpected absences, and/or cross training.
17. Act as a back-up to the Transportation manager attending meetings, conference calls, and overall acting as a representative of the department as needed.
18. Develop, create, and contribute to reporting and presentation needs related to Supply Chain communication.
19. Develop self through classes, seminars, and/or organizational events in order to stay current in a global logistics environment.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Bachelor Degree with preference in Supply Chain management and/or Logistics. In lieu of
degree – 6+ years of equivalent experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite with proven ability utilizing excel; the ability to learn and utilize various types of software / information systems. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- 3 to 5 years experience in logistics, transportation, customs, international trade, manufacturing and/or distribution
Hanesbrands Inc - 13 months ago
Hanesbrands can't wait until it gets its Hanes on you. The company makes bras, hosiery, men's boxers, socks, and other intimate...