Amazon is looking for a motivated individual with strong skills and experience in the areas of: operations management, process analysis, modeling and redesign, and analytics to join our North American Transportation team.
As the Transportation Analyst, you will play an integral part in the Transportation Performance Management team to analyze our shipment flow from our fulfillment centers through the vendor transportation network to final delivery to our customers. You will use various tools such as Oracle BI, Tableau, SQL and MS Excel to identify opportunities to ship packages faster and cheaper while delivering on-time to customer promises. Ultimately, your goal will be to lead projects to realize opportunities while working within a matrix organization to deliver results. This role calls for an individual who can own all aspects of how transportation impacts customer experience and delivery performance and measure, determine, then drive, any initiatives, internally and externally, necessary to improve it. It requires high judgment and an ability to balance customer experience with financial impact. This position offers a broad exposure to various business, financial, and technical teams within Amazon.
The successful candidate will be a person who enjoys and excels at diving into data to analyze root causes and implement long term solutions. He / She will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to create and sustain urgency, and a proven ability to lead large cross-functional projects including communication across all levels and teams in the organization: senior leaders, technical teams, finance, fulfillment, transportation vendors and business leaders.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or a Transportation/Supply Chain/Operations discipline
· 2+ years supply chain, inventory management, retail and/or project management experience
· Experience working with IT professionals and process improvement techniques such as Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma
· Strong analytical abilities, and high proficiency creating and managing advanced models in Microsoft Excel
· Data mining and statistical analysis skills with experience with creating and using data repositories
· Able to use analysis tools like SQL, Excel Solver for optimization and simulation
· The ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly
· Academic focus on Operations Management, Mathematics/Engineering, or an MBA with a quantitative focus
· Possess good business judgment, strong written and oral communication skills, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done
· Able to use formal and informal influencing skills across Amazon's cross-matrix organization
· Transportation or Supply Chain experience -- a strong plus
Amazon.com - 30+ days ago