Engineers - Civil
Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and the world's 11th largest design firm with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
At Atkins, we offer our employees more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to shape the world for generations to come through innovative and sound design. As the official engineer of the 2012 London Olympics, few companies can rival the size and diversity of our projects. Whether it’s the concept for a new skyscraper, the upgrade of a rail network, the modeling of a flood defense system or the improvement of a management process, we plan, design and enable solutions.
Atkins seeks an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our Pensacola staff as an entry-level Civil Engineer.
FL and AL candidates preferred. Candidate will be working in our Transportation department.
- Applies standard engineering practices and techniques in specific situations which may include the following:
- Assists in the planning, design, and production of engineering drawings. May supervise the production of these drawings. Carries out specific assignments in preparing and assembling specifications.
- Participates in conducting engineering investigations and planning work by completing well-defined tasks. These tasks may include collection and analysis of data using established procedures, performance of routine calculations, and participation in evaluating the feasibility of alternate solutions.
- Prepares assigned sections of reports working under the close review of a more experienced professional.
- Participates on projects involving construction activities by reviewing shop drawings for conformance with easily interpreted specifications; assists in recordkeeping and in generating progress reports; observes relatively simple construction procedures, and collects samples for quality control testing.
- Performs data acquisition and analysis, researching the feasibility of alternative design approaches, site conditions, and/or regulatory agency specifications or regulations.
- Prepares material for reports and permit applications, gathering information, writing rough outline, and/or preparing work progression documents and graphic presentations.
- Performs engineering calculations.
- Performs field observations of construction where appropriate.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
B.S. in Civil Engineering. Minimal experience is required of incumbents with a Bachelor's Degree in a branch of Civil Engineering directly related to hiring discipline (Transportation); no experience required with a Master's degree.
Good interpersonal skills and capable of developing technical writing, and communications skills. AutoCAD skills preferred and Microstation a plus!
E.I. or EIT desired.
FL and AL candidates preferred.
Atkins is one of the world's leading engineering, design and project management consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to...