- Requisition #: 201040966
- Job Category: Intern/Coop
- Operation: Network Planning Services
- Job Group: Intern-Coop
- Job Grade: 8
- Job Code: E007
- Relocation Assist Available: No
- Location: ALPHARETTA, GA 30005 - Morris Road Location
This position impacts the organization by managing the development of global transportation solutions and by effectively using the global transportation network. The solutions developed will best meet customer needs, improve the hit rate, and increase profitable revenue while controlling costs.
The primary roles of this position include: Working with Solutions Engineers and Analysts to determine business requirements, workflow, and processes. Accurately identify the costs to provide the solutions and assess the impact on UPS Supply Chain Solutions operations. Defining the scope of projects to prevent scope creep, while maintaining profitability. Working with other cross-functional Solutions Teams. This position works with finance, cost modeling, and operations to ensure the cost model database has accurate data. Working with Operations to assess the impact of the solution on UPS Supply Chain Solutions operations and using modeling software to develop cost effective alternatives that meet customer requirements and UPS Supply Chain Solutions business goals. This position reports to the Manager of Transportation Solutions.
- Works well with Logistics Engineer to develop transportation solutions cost model inputs, performs preliminary evaluation of model results to ensure accuracy of inputs and appropriateness of solution
- Assists in developing recommendations for adjustments to model to output to ensure alignment with customer business requirements and UPS Supply Chain Solutions capabilities and business goals
- Prepares materials for project reviews with Transportation Solutions Manager to obtain approval for proposal methods and costs
- Participates in customer site visits to analyze customer transportation needs, gathers customer data; and verifies data assumptions and design criteria with the customer
- Assists in development of data calculations and design criteria for input into i2Client Server Transportation Management System, i2 Transportation Modeler software, CAPS, PC Miler, and TruckStops systems
- Assists in interpretation of cost model output; uses industry data to evaluate and adjust output to develop proposed methods and costs for operation of customer account; and helps identify value proposition of proposed solution for customer and UPS Supply Chain Solutions
- Reviews proposed solution and alternatives with Logistic Engineer, summarizes merits and costs/risks associated with each solution and participates in challenge sessions to select best solutions for customer and UPS Supply Chain Solutions
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Plans, allocates, and controls financial and human resources responsible for manufacturing support, physical distribution
- Conducts and interprets computer-based scenarios to test theories
- Make recommendations and decisions based on simulation and model results
- Possess knowledge of the current business methods and principles, business planning and project management
- To develop and modify business plan and recommend process improvements
- Analyzes data related to people, technology and information to identify requirements, problems, or inefficiencies in work methods, process or flows
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- Actively enrolled student
- Able to work 12-35 /hours per week.
- U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S. an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence.
- Currently in the same geographic location or willing to relocate yourself there.
UPS - 16 months ago
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...