How to Apply
Please complete the entire online application along with any prescreening questions that pertain to this opportunity. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
About Us - G3
Headquartered in Modesto, CA, G3 Enterprises has been supplying the wine and spirits industry for over 50 years. As a single source packaging solution, its products and services include labels, stock and custom closures, warehousing, transportation, bottle etching, and mobile bottling.
The key to the success of G3 is our people. We offer our team a chance to grow, with a competitive rewards package, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, and a generous retirement plan.
Full Time/Part Time
Responsible for managing carrier data, the carrier contracting process, onboarding new transportation carriers, monitoring carrier compliance with G3 contract requirements, and interfacing with insurance brokers and government regulatory agencies. Makes recommendations on compliance changes based on regulatory or business changes, and refreshes documents on an annual basis. Also responsible for conducting weekly audits of carriers and internal business processes to ensure compliance as well as working with business owners to implement changes if/where audits uncover gaps. Interfaces with our risk management department regarding claims, updating claims processes as the business changes, and producing reports and performing analysis related to claims and risk.
• Receives information from G3 Winery Ops and G3 CSR and prepares documents for submission to G3 Finance. Files inventory reports for finished goods (in bond) and bulk wine (inbound and outbound). Prepares export docs and e-file with TTB monthly.
• Responsible for documentation/inventory/reporting (excludes scheduling and dispatching) surrounding customs bond.
• Maintains current copies (electronic file system) of all G3 Logistics contracts (RDCs, Warehouse, Gallo, etc.)
• Keeps current copies of TTB registrations at each RDC (in the RDC operator’s name) and ensure stays current. Keeps current copies of state/county compliance documents (in Gallo’s name or in RDCs name) and ensure stays current.
• Manages ISF non-compliance issues as they arise. Supports Exports with the new European version of ISF.
• Responsible for issuing scorecards.
• Communicates directly with carriers/suppliers; enforces policies relative to carrier compliance.
• Mail merges all contracts and provides carriers with appropriate rate exhibits. Provides carriers with checklist of documents needed. Follows-through on receipt of all documents.
• Participates in the development, implementation and continuous improvement of policies, procedures, and processes.
• Establishes and maintains methods for document storage, retention and reporting.
• Develops standard operating procedures for their desk and trains others on those procedures.
• Responsible for execution of project plan for carrier compliance, carrier qualification and set-up.
• Ensures all associated work is completed on time and within quality standards.
• Creates and analyses reports to effectively exhibit carrier compliance metrics.
• Utilizes monitoring service to ensure carriers are in compliance with set standards.
• Becomes G3 “expert” on the FMCSA Website, insurance forms and terminology, CSA Safety requirements, and all special permits and operating authorizations needed by carriers. Ensures compliance.
• Communicates with carriers and internal staff in a timely, effective and professional manner.
• Responds to inquiries from a variety of sources including carriers and team members.
• Corresponds with carriers and internal team while ensuring the highest level of service.
• Audits carrier compliance documents.
• Tracks, verifies, and reports on status of carrier compliance in a timely manner.
• Files documentation related to carrier compliance in a timely manner.
• Participates in ad hoc research and analysis with managers.
• Maintains current copies of all required carrier documents such as insurance, operating permits, etc. Contacts carriers or insurance companies to obtain updates as needed.
• When requested by a G3 customer, places a request with Gallo Risk Management for a G3 insurance certificate and forward to the customer.
• Creates and mails responsibility letters to CHP for G3 equipment. Provides CHP with monthly reporting requirements.
• Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations.
• This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Bachelor’s degree plus 3 years of transportation compliance experience; or 7 years of transportation compliance experience.
• Knowledge of California Transportation Regulations.
• Good decision making skills.
• Experience with process mapping and project management.
• Demonstrates a sense of urgency, self-initiative, commitment and sense of ownership.
• Superior follow-up and follow-through skills.
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail, also skilled at managing multiple priorities
• Skilled in MS Excel, Outlook, Access, Word and PowerPoint at an Intermediate level.
• Results oriented and deadline driven.
• Proven abilities to identify and implement opportunities for change and improvement.
• Skilled in reading, comprehending, interpreting and executing simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Deals with issues in a calm and methodical manner.
• Required to work overtime and weekends when necessary.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Uses discretion in dealing with confidential information.
• Carrier qualification criteria determination, carrier measurement.
• Knowledge of Federal Motor carrier Safety Administration Regulations.
• Experience with government regulations and assessing business impact.
• Experience effectively working against defined goals in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to research and provide accurate and timely resolution to inquiries and issues.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.