Transportation Coordinator - MARC-T-BTNA-USMD-03456
REQUISITION NUMBER: T-BTNA-TOM-USMA-1022
At Bombardier, 70,000 employees in 60 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Based in Baltimore, Maryland, you will be responsible for monitoring all rail traffic along the MARC Camden and Brunswick passenger commuter lines and is responsible for a variety of reporting duties related to situations that may impact passenger service, the functionality of train stations and crew management.
In your role you will:
- Coordinate commuter rail movement with the CSX Dispatcher, and communicate on time performance information of MARC commuter trains to employees, passengers and others through various means;
- Provide real time information regarding delays and service disruptions to the transit authority, and other designated Contractors. Will coordinate alternate transportation during service disruptions;
- Receive reports of disruptions and deficiencies occurring at stations, such as ticket vending machine and other malfunctions, and forwards such information to MARC and those responsible for maintenance and repair;
- Receive calls around security concerns and you will be responsible for forwarding this information to security and/or law enforcement as required;
- Act and aid in emergency situations and ensure continuous compliance with MARC rules and regulations;
- Maintain event logs, produces and distributes various reports, maintains/updates databases;
- Handle management of the work force during his/her shift, ensuring that crew duties are accomplished in compliance with applicable collective bargaining agreements;
- Be assigned other duties as determined by Management.
As our ideal candidate:
- You hold a High school diploma or GED, related college coursework will be considered as an asset;
- You possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment under multiple demanding situations;
- You have attention to detail and the ability to maintain confidential information;
- You must be a licensed driver;
- You have excellent computer skills including good proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Your English communication skills are excellent.
Additional Information: The incumbent of this position must be able to work a variety of days and hours; including nights, weekends, and holidays
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.
the evolution of mobility
Job: Train Operations & Maintenance
Primary Location: US-MD-Baltimore
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 13.03.2013, 9:20:34 AM
Bombardier - 13 months ago
A pioneer in the aerospace industry, Learjet Inc. builds high-performance business jets -- the limos of the sky. The company...