Position Summary |
ODOT13-0110OC - Juntura
The purpose of the Transportation Maintenance Coordinator 1 (TMC1) is to assist the Transportation Maintenance Manager (TMM) by coordinating and overseeing the work of a single crew. It has regular lead responsibilities over a crew engaged in the repair, renovation, and reconstruction of roadbeds, surfaces, structures, and facilities that are part of the State's Transportation systems. Duties involve planning and assigning work, and providing input to the TMM on employee performance. This position may assist in paper work and record-keeping activities related to the crew. It coordinates the day-to-day activities of a crew and may perform similar work assigned to the crew.
This recruitment will be opened until filled. Your immediate response is requested as this recruitment may close at any time after a sufficient number of qualified candidates have applied. Screening may begin as early as February 19, 2013.
NOTE: Juntura is a remote location and there may be a state owned house available to live in for minimal cost.
If you reside in state housing this position requires a maximum 30 minute response time
If you do not live in State Housing this position requires a maximum 45 minute response time for emergency call-outs
Employee will be required to use a vehicle to conduct business; you must possess and maintain a current, valid driver's license and Class A Commercial Driver’s License.
· Work in and around heavy construction equipment and around heavy traffic conditions.
· May be required to work at heights up to 30 feet. May be required work in excavations to depths of 15 feet.
· May be exposed to hazardous materials dumped at weigh stations, rest areas or transient camps under bridges. May be exposed to blood borne pathogens, hypodermic needles, cleaning solvents, acid drain openers, etc.
· Required to wear safety equipment to perform specific job tasks (i.e., fall protection, hard hats safety vests, steel-toed boots etc.).
· May be exposed to hazardous materials during accident cleanup.
· May be required to be available for emergency calls, 24 hours/day, 7 days/week, including holidays; or be On-Call and may be required to work rotating or nightshifts.
· May be required to travel overnight or for extended periods of time; May be required to respond to serious vehicle accidents, which may have resulted in injury or death.
· May be exposed to hazardous chemicals such as fumigants used to treat wooden members, various pesticides, paint removal chemicals, herbicides and various dyes used to check for cracks in steel members
· Pick up and dispose of litter and/or dead animals including birds/eggs. May work in wet, damp, hot and dusty conditions.
· May be required to walk on rough terrain or uneven slopes; stoop or bend around structures or equipment; or climb up/down ladders or equipment.
· May be required to perform frequent lifting & carrying up to 60 pounds of materials and equipment and, occasional-intermittent lifting & carrying over 60 pounds for special projects.
· This position is represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU/OPEU).
Instructions - Minimum Qualifications
The 'Work Experience' and/or 'Education' sections of your application must clearly describe how you meet the qualifications for this position as listed below; you must also answer supplemental questions.
A resume' or position description will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
You must have:
Ø Three years of maintenance and/or construction experience in roadway/highway, bridge, sign, drawbridge or landscape AND
Ø A Valid Class A CDL
Criminal Background and additional pre-employment check(s) as required for the position will be conducted on final candidates (could include Driver License, LEDS, and/or Education Verification).
Honorable or General 'Character of Service' showing on a DD214 or DD215 attached to your application - 5 Points
Honorable or General 'Character of Service' showing on a DD214 or DD215 and a 'Certificate of Civil Service' preference letter attached to your application - 10 Points
For questions about the job announcement, call 541-963-1584.
For technical help with online application, call 1-877-204-4442.
Application Help: http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/CS/HR/jobs/Application_Help.pdf http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/CS/HR/jobs/Application_Help.pdf
Ø Plan, prioritize, schedule and assign work. Advise and guide employees in effective performance and to resolve work-related issues.
Ø Provide new employee orientation. Train employees to conduct maintenance activities consistent with agency policies and safety practices.
Ø Ensure adherence to safety precautions and good public relations practices.
Ø Ensure crew has the resources to accomplish work. Ensure proper maintenance of equipment.
Ø Review work of crew and provide input to TMM on employee performance. Assist in hiring/selection process; provide recommendations to management.
Ø Assist the TMM with short and long-range planning and budget preparation. Coordinate projects with other agencies (cities, counties) and State Force Orders.
Ø Communicate with the TMM and District Office regarding needs, problems, crew activities, etc.; conduct research and make recommendations as necessary. Act as technical consultant and information source.
Ø Patrol highways and structures within the section looking for potential accidents, hazards and damages.
Ø Respond to accidents and other emergencies. Coordinate activities with other crews and agencies to ensure safety of the public and crews.
Ø Monitor and inspect permit activities on the highway for compliance to permit specifications.
Ø Participate as a member of the District Operations Team.
Ø Assume role of the TMM during absences.
Electronic or Paper Application Checklist:
Veteran's Documents - If Applicable
Oregon Department of Transportation
3012 Island Avenue
La Grande OR 97850
Announcement information can be made available in an alternative format by calling 711 (Relay Operator for the Deaf).
ODOT does not discriminate on the basis of disability in admission or access to our programs, services, activities, hiring, and employment practices. Contact 1-877-336-6368 (1-877-EEO-ODOT) for questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
The Oregon State Government is expected to continue cost reduction measures including mandatory unpaid time off (furlough days) during the 2011-2013 biennium.
- State Directories
- Agencies A to Z
- Oregon Administrative Rules
- Oregon Revised Statutes
- About Oregon.gov
Web Site Links
State of Oregon - 22 months ago