ODOT14-0566oc - Juntura
Function as a member of a Roadway/Highway Maintenance Crew. Perform any required manual labor or equipment operations necessary to install, maintain, repair, preserve and/or reconstruct roadway/highway/freeway structures and facilities. This position will cross-train and fill-in to complete other transportation maintenance related activities (i.e.: striping, facilities, bridge, sign/legend, emergency and winter operations, etc.) as assigned.
Employee will be required to use a vehicle to conduct business; you must possess and maintain a current, valid driver's license and be able to obtain a commercial driver license, CDL-A, within 6 months of hire.
- This position is represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU/OPEU).
Instructions - Minimum Qualifications
The 'Work Experience' and/or 'Education' sections of your application must clearly describe how you meet the qualifications for this position as listed below; you must also answer supplemental questions.
A resume' or position description will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Minimum Qualifications :
- Two years of maintenance and/or construction experience in roadway/highway, bridge, sign, drawbridge or landscape (any type of ground maintenance, including tree, shrub and lawn maintenance; sprinkler system maintenance, cleaning ditches and catch basins, or work related to professional/commercial or public landscaping, farming or logging); AND
- Experience in each of the following areas:
- Operating heavy and/or light motorized equipment;
- Using hand and power tools;
- Performing minor servicing of equipment, AND
- Applying safety procedures.
Note: Employee will be required to use a vehicle to conduct business; you must possess and maintain a current, valid driver's license and be able to obtain a commercial driver license, CDL-A, within 6 months of hire .
- Two years of experience operating construction and maintenance machinery to include one or more of the following types: front-end loader, road grader, bulldozer, backhoe, tractor/low-boy, and 5- or 10- yard dump truck.
Criminal background check (and additional pre-employment check(s) such as driver license, LEDS, and/or education verification as required for the position) will be conducted on final candidates who are not current ODOT employees.
Veteran's Points :
Honorable or General 'Character of Service' showing on a DD214 or DD215 attached to your application - 5 Points
Honorable or General 'Character of Service' showing on a DD214 or DD215 and a 'Certificate of Civil Service' preference letter attached to your application - 10 Points
For questions about the job announcement, call 503-986-3177.
For technical help with online application, call 1-877-204-4442.
Application Help: http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/CS/HR/jobs/Application_Help.pdf
- Maintain roadside turf and arboreal areas; clean brush, mow grass, spray pesticides and herbicides, and dispose of roadside debris.
- Dig and clean ditches, catch basins and drainage systems. Repair culverts, inlets and erosion.
- Maintain restrooms and information centers at rest areas; perform minor building maintenance; and may oversee janitorial contractors maintaining building interiors.
- Repair, maintain and install irrigation systems as needed. Service and repair equipment and tools.
- Perform minor surface repair including hand, pothole and concrete patching and small inlay work, build/repair roadway shoulders and bike paths, and perform minor construction.
- Sweep highway facilities such as shoulders and intersections; perform clean-up of sidewalks, graffiti, paving, bridge walks, and islands.
- Plow snow and sand roadways.
- Maintain, repair or replace guardrails, barriers, fences, glare screens, roadway delineators or milepost markers; apply, maintain and/or replace roadway/highway striping and/or legends.
- Respond to accidents and other emergencies; secure area by providing traffic control and coordinate activities of other agencies and the public to ensure the safety of the public and crews; assist with clean up involving accidents and spills.
- Read and interpret plans and layouts for projects.
- Perform highway maintenance duties at night during off-peak traffic times.
- Drawbridge Maintenance and Operations. Operate electrically controlled drawbridges to allow passage of marine vessels.
- Perform maintenance on mechanical components of these bridges (i.e.: cables, navigation lights, etc.).
- Perform structural maintenance (i.e.: painting, welding, carpentry, pressure washing, etc.).
- Monitor and operate marine radio channels. May install, maintain and repair delineators, milepost markers and mailbox posts along state highways.
Electronic Application Checklist:
Veteran's Documents - If Applicable
Oregon Department of Transportation
Human Resources/Recruitment, MS12
355 Capitol St NE
Salem OR 97301-3871
Announcement information can be made available in an alternative format by calling 711 (Relay Operator for the Deaf).
ODOT does not discriminate on the basis of disability in admission or access to our programs, services, activities, hiring, and employment practices. Contact 1-877-336-6368 (1-877-EEO-ODOT) for questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
- State Directories
- Agencies A to Z
- Oregon Administrative Rules
- Oregon Revised Statutes
- Oregon - an Equal Opportunity Employer
- About Oregon.gov
Web Site Links
State of Oregon - 4 months ago
copy to clipboard