The Transportation Manager role is responsible for managing $25 million annually in transportation costs in support of 5 distribution centers and over 700 domestic vendors. Additional responsibilities include: management of approximately 30 contracted carriers, 4 exempt Transportation Planners, TMS administration, carrier compliance, DOT compliance, annual bids and RFP's.
- Oversee all activities with Williams-Sonoma, Inc.'s furniture line-haul into our furniture delivery hubs.
- Oversee all activities associated with line-haul to all WSI outlet stores
- Oversee the Transportation customer service team that supports all transportation activities
- Heavy emphasis on contract administration, issuing RFP's, network analysis and project management
- Provide leadership, growth and development to a staff of four exempt transportation planners
- Develop a annual furniture line-haul and inbound budget.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics or Engineering
- Leadership experience in a transportation, distribution or supply chain role
- Demonstrated ability to organize and lead projects to closure
- Proven leadership and problem solving skills along with the ability to work independently
- Proficient with MS Office (including Access database and query design)
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Experience negotiating and administering LTL, IMC and TL contracts
- Previous experience with network design, logistics engineering, and TMS (Transportation Management Systems)
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. - 12 months ago
Epicureans are at home at Williams-Sonoma, a leading multi-channel retailer of high-end goods for well-appointed kitchens, bedrooms, and...