Responsible for the safe and timely transportation of patients from one department to another. Insures completion of all preoperative actions. Assists Nursing and Ancillary department with patient movements and lifts. Assists nursing staff s with patient movements for the purpose of patient care and comfort. Communicates effectively with hospital staff, medical staff, and patient family members.
1. Under the direction of the Transportation Supervisor, transporters are responsible for the safe and timely transportation of patients from Nursing areas and Ancillary departments. Adhering to the three fundamental goals of Transportation, (1) to transport patient safely, (2) assure completion of preoperative actions, (3) communicates effectively with hospital staff, medical staff, patients, and patient family members.
2. Transporters are responsible for compliance with all Administrative Policies and Procedures, Nursing Standards Policies and Procedures, and Transportation Departmental Policies and Procedures.
3. Assists in all Nursing areas with patient lifts, transfers, and patients' movements dealing with patient comfort and care.
4. Responsible for the retrieval of supplies and equipment needed to facilitate the transfer, safety and well being of patients and staff. (i.e. portable suction machines, portable 02, protective clothing and mask).
5. Liable for the delivery of patient charts, x-ray films, and the notification of appropriate personnel as to the patient's location at all times. (Patients Nurse, Monitor tech, Radiology tech, etc.).
6. Responsible to adhere to Infection Control Policies and Procedures.
7. Responsible for the completion of Skill Level Competencies. (Oxygenation of patients and Body Mechanics and Lifting techniques).
8. Required to maintain a current CPR certification to fulfill job related tasks.
9. Strictly adheres to the hospitals Mission and Values, and patient Care Path, responding to the needs of the patient.
10. Communicates, cooperates and performs related duties with other members of the hospital staff in a courteous and efficient manner to achieve overall hospital goals and objectives, maintaining the hospitals integrity towards its mission and values.
11. Responds to requests from patients, physicians and visitors in a courteous and efficient manner, demonstrating positive interpersonal skills.
12. Comply with all safety driving standards set by law, and maintains a safe driving record.
13. Respond to all codes with exception of Code Blue.
14. Performs individually or as a team member during inclement weather as assigned, observing safe driving standards for extreme hazardous weather conditions, using snow chains, and equipment to accomplish the task at hand.
15. Transporters are to exhibit a positive form of communications skill when dealing with patients, both verbally and non-verbally.
16. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
Graduation from high school or equivalent preferred.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately)
Drivers License preferred but
CPR certification must be obtained within 14 days of hire date.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
(list required and preferred separately)
Experience in a healthcare environment is preferred but not required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Oxygenation of patients, Body Mechanics and lifting techniques in-service
Knowledge of methods and techniques related to the requirements for the transportation of patients.
Knowledge of work-related occupational hazards and proper safety precautions.
The ability to prioritize assignments.
Ability to communicate effectively and secure the cooperation of assigned staff.
Ability to solve problems, resolve personnel issues and establish effective working relationships