Make a great choice with a career at Good Samaritan!
Allied health professionals at Good Samaritan contribute to the high level of performance of a collaborative interdisciplinary team unlike any other. Innovative technologies, experienced mentors and exceptional support for certifications and education are just the start. Here you'll find a career that's defined by an unmatched commitment to quality patient care while you gain expertise and meet new challenges in an acute care environment. Discover what it's like to deliver your best every day.
Please take a moment to carefully review the job details below.
Trauma/Acute Care Surgeon
Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center, a 537-bed teaching hospital in West Islip , New York is seeking an additional surgeon to join our full time Trauma and Surgical Critical care staff as we move to ACS-COT verification. The candidate must be board-certified in surgery, have experience in caring for trauma patients. In addition, the candidate must have ATLS and ACLS certification. This physician will join our team of full-time and associate staff, trained mid-level practitioners, experienced managers, and trauma support services caring for both trauma and acute care surgical patients.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
· Providing coverage for any trauma patient, including all emergency department consultations, in-house trauma patients, transfers, surgeries and follow-up patients.
· Effective transfer of patients to the trauma surgeon on the following shift .
· Assist in the training of new employees and demonstrate team-building skills .
· Supervise and monitor work of mid-level practitioners assigned to care of trauma/ surgical patients .
· Provide leadership and direction in accordance with the department goals and policies and support administrative decisions and changes within the department .
· Assist in the development of performance improvement initiatives established by the Chairperson .
· Provide care to surgical patients with an attending physician on staff when necessary .
· Actively support and participate in patient safety programs .
· Participate in continuing medical education programs on-site and off-site that support patient safety, and the ACS-COT required 16 CME credits in trauma surgery per year .
· Provide 12 hour shift coverage as assigned .
· Covering 6 nights and 1 weekend shift per month, the surgeon shall remain in house at all times throughout assigned shift .
Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center - 20 months ago
Trauma/Acute Care Surgeon
Good Samaritan Hospital - West Islip
West Islip, NY
Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center
- 30+ days ago