Travel Counselor 1 - Work at Home Seattle/Portland-13005484
A successful Work-at-Home Travel Counselor within American Express Consumer Travel Network (CTN) has a passion for delivering extraordinary service to our Premium Cardmembers, who deserve and expect the ultimate in travel experiences.
These positions are aligned with our customer contact centers, and our highly skilled and motivated Travel Counselors will be providing leisure travel services to the most affluent American Express Cardmembers.
Our Travel Counselors act as consultants, tailoring our products and services to create a unique and memorable vacation experience. We want extraordinary Travel Counselors who can surpass our customer’s expectations by creating travel experiences of a lifetime.
As an American Express Travel Counselor, you will be responsible for:
- Creating memorable travel experiences for our customers by booking leisure travel with a key focus in domestic and international destination air, car and hotel travel arrangements
- Delivering on the American Express Brand promise every day
- Being accountable and taking ownership of the customer’s experience from beginning to end
- Staying ahead of industry trends and continuously building destination knowledge
- Creating innovative ways to resolve customers’ issues or concerns to win their loyalty and travel spend; ultimately making loyal enthusiast out of the customer, so they will recommend American Express Travel to others Extraordinary starts here, extraordinary starts with you
Apply online today. www.americanexpress.com/careers
BENEFITS - (Based on individual elections)
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional cash incentive bonus programs and recognition programs
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (Day 1)
- Generous vacation and vacation purchase plan
- 401(k) WITH company match of 5% after 6 months
- Legal assistance, pet insurance, life and disability insurance
- Medical and dependent care reimbursement programs
- Domestic partner benefits
American Express is an equal opportunity employer
A successful applicant will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 year recent experience selling domestic and international travel services
- Strong international air booking experience is required; in combination with car and hotel highly preferred
- Computer reservations experience required, Sabre is preferred
- Extensive domestic and international destination knowledge, including knowledge of emerging destinations
- Exceptional communication skills, delighting the customer with every single interaction
- Passion for serving customers with proactive solutions
- Effective strong consultative selling skills and the ability to listen to the customers’ needs, in turn offering confident recommendations, resulting in high satisfaction from the customer with the service they received
- Ability to remain cool under pressure and successfully multi-task while developing rapport with customers is essential
- Must be resourceful and capable of using the Internet effectively, to research destinations
- Have a can do attitude, curiosity and a healthy competitiveness
- Adapt to an ever changing environment and being resilient
- Previous call center experience is preferred
- Ability to work flexible shifts including nights and weekends is essential
- Candidates must be available to work between the hours of 7:00am - 10:00pm PT, Monday - Sunday (7 days / week). Hours of operation may change due to business need.
Although this position is considered Work at Home, the candidate must reside within the Metropolitan Statistical Area for either Portland, OR or Seattle, WA. Portland, Vancouver, Beaverton Metropolitan Statistical Area Clackamas County, OR Columbia County, OR Multnomah County, OR Washington County, OR Yamhill County, OR Clark County, WA Skamania County, WA Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue, WA Metropolitan Statistical Area: King County, WA Snohomish County, WA Pierce County, WA
Primary Location: US-Washington-Seattle
American Express - 22 months ago
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...