Books-A-Million, Inc., the nation's 2
largest book retailer, is searching for a Treasury Analyst. Reporting to the Treasury Manager, the Treasury Analyst provides support for all aspects of the cash management function, including cash positioning for operational accounts, managing day to day banking needs, performing bank account reconciliations and streamlining processes and procedures. Specific responsibilities for this position include:
This position is located at the company's headquarters in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Performs daily cash administration duties, including movement of funds between accounts, preparing daily cash position report and assisting Treasury Manager in processing borrowing or investing transactions
- Coordinates with Accounts Payable to ensure timely payments to vendors, and initiates payments as directed
- Facilitates opening/closing of company bank accounts; account maintenance
- Interacts with bank representatives to ensure all banking transactions and bank accounts are functioning properly, and researches any issues
- Prepare account analyses and review bank statements to ensure the Company is minimizing bank fees
- Prepares daily and month-end journal entries and account reconciliations
- Respond to Auditors' requests
- Plan and execute special projects
Books-A-Million, Inc., is the nation's 2nd largest book retailer with fiscal 2012 revenues of $468 million. The company operations include: Books-A-Million and 2
and Charles retail outlets, and Yogurt Mountain franchises. As of 3rd quarter of its current fiscal year, the company had 258 stores. Books-A-Million is a public company with its stock traded on NASDAQ under the symbol BAMM.
Attractive candidates will possess the following experience and skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; supplemented with 3+ years Treasury related experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Lawson software experience a plus
- Self-starter who is able to work independently and interface with all relevant internal departments and external business partners as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills - including written and verbal communication skills
Accounting / Finance
Books-A-Million -- Corporate
Books-A-Million - 10 months ago
Books-A-Million caters to readers who aren't millionaires. The third-largest US bookseller (behind Amazon and Barnes & Noble)...