As a Trial Attorney, you will represent clients who are customers of Allstate Insurance Company, Encompass Insurance Company, and Esurance (“the Company”) in the defense of bodily injury liability and property damage liability lawsuits. You will also represent the Company in the defense of certain uninsured/underinsured motorist claims.
You will also conduct examinations under oath of claimants asserting claims against the Company under their insurance policies.
You will acquire broad knowledge of the Company, your business area’s processes and procedures as well as best practices.
You will be primarily responsible for managing your assigned cases by acquiring, compiling and integrating case-related information and legal research, developing and implementing litigation strategies in cooperation with your clients and claims personnel, developing and implementing litigation tactics to obtain prompt resolution of claims, and achieving team objectives.
Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills are key to working with a variety of internal and external contacts as well as for preparing reports, pleadings, and correspondence, collaborating with others, etc.
You will work independently as well as part of a cohesive team.
Primary accountabilities include:
- Assess liability and damages, and develop defenses to allegations for successful resolution of cases
- Attend hearings and conduct trials
- Argue motions, take effective depositions of lay and expert witnesses
- Consult with clients and opposing counsel and the judiciary
- Coordinate case handling with claims personnel
- Complete necessary case management system documentation
- Assist other attorneys in resolving calendar conflicts as required
- Juris Doctorate and member in good standing of
- Approx 1-3 years of litigation experience; insurance defense strongly preferred
- Jury trial experience a plus
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, LexisNexis (preferred), and the internet
- Ability to work well with others on a team of attorneys, paralegals, administrative assistants, supervised by Lead Counsel
Allstate - 14 months ago
Allstate celebrates creative problem solving, full engagement and working together to keep all people in Good Hands®. Rooted in...